Onlyfire 13 bar flavorizer sets in stainless steel, $14 at Amazon

I had a summit 420 with 9mm grates that grill have a lot of hard miles on it but the grates looked flawless and brand new after a deep cleaned them. Not a pit or mark or anything. The quality of the SS was incredible. I wonder if that SS was the same.
What was your process on deep cleaning the grates?

That Summit is pretty sad but those grates would clean up. Would take a lot of work but they'll clean up. Only thing that would hurt them is if the welds are broken or if they're bent. BTW the grates in that grill are a touch larger than 9mm. Actual 3/8" Since 9mm is .35 and 3/8 is .375

What was your process on deep cleaning the grates?
image.jpg
I had to get some bigger batteries than this but otherwise this dewalt impact works great. It's easy to control the speed and if it binds up on something it rattles instead of ripping your arm off. I use this with many different shapes of wire attachments on the inside and outside of the cookbox and pretty much everything that belongs inside the cookbox. After I strip everything off the grates I soak them in simple green and wash them with dish soap and water. Then they are dry and squeaky clean I season them with a rag with fresh cooking oil. I feel like this helps them not gather any surface rust film if they don't get used for a while and it also helps food not stick.

That Summit is pretty sad but those grates would clean up. Would take a lot of work but they'll clean up. Only thing that would hurt them is if the welds are broken or if they're bent. BTW the grates in that grill are a touch larger than 9mm. Actual 3/8" Since 9mm is .35 and 3/8 is .375
I just learned that yesterday when I was reading that they are actually 3/8. Impressive! They look bigger than 9 mm. Either that or my QuliMetal 9mm looked smaller. I wasn't sure. I'm glad I ordered a new set of the summit #9930 grates last night. I could only find one set that was fairly reasonable in price. They're $350 a set on Amazon. That's crazy!

Last edited:
I'll do side by side pictures and comparison between summit #9930 grates and QuliMetal 9mm and a variety of factory Weber grates. I don't have any RCP grates though.

Jesus........ talk about a TOTAL thread hijacking...... all this grate talk in a flavorizer bar thread....
It is pretty cute to see Josh bouncing around like a puppy right now tho!
I'm glad I've got my weberitis in check..... you guys need some serious intervention and help.

Jesus........ talk about a TOTAL thread hijacking...... all this grate talk in a flavorizer bar thread....
It is pretty cute to see Josh bouncing around like a puppy right now tho!
I'm glad I've got my weberitis in check..... you guys need some serious intervention and help.
🤚🏼 Guilty

Has anyone

Don't know if it's an optical illusion but the bars on the summit 9930 look thicker. It's weird though cuz they have the same number of bars and it looks like the space in between bars is bigger on the 9930 which would make them smaller not bigger. Maybe I'll get both and compare. My third set of QuliMetal 9mm 304 SS should be here tomorrow.
Josh, my guess is that they are slightly smaller in diameter. I think companies cheat sometimes with their claims. Also, 3/8" grates are many times listed as 9mm while they are slightly bigger than 9mm. I think RCPlanebuyer grates are actually 3/8".

Josh, my guess is that they are slightly smaller in diameter. I think companies cheat sometimes with their claims. Also, 3/8" grates are many times listed as 9mm while they are slightly bigger than 9mm. I think RCPlanebuyer grates are actually 3/8".

I noticed that visually I can tell the difference in size between the summit grates and the QuliMetal 9mm grates with the summit grates being noticeably thicker. Maybe my QuliMetal 9mm are actually less than 9mm though. Plus the summit grates are 1 lb heavier with the same amount of stainless steel bars except they're missing the middle support bar. So they are definitely thicker than the 9mm QuliMetal but like I said I would have to check and see if those are a true 9mm.

Well we could weigh both of them. That's probably the easiest way to tell. Considering both the summit and the RCP don't have center support and have the same amount of bars.

Just curiosity. Not that it's that important. Kinda Splitting hairs

Last edited:
@John-NY I'm going to try and pick up that Summit S670. Just for the grates unless you want something off of it?

I know from past experience the stainless flavorizer bars feel like they're a quarter inch thick. Those probably worth salvaging also

I could actually use the:
- Door handles and side table “handles”
- Burner Knobs
- IR Burner Orifice
- Possibly the entire IR Burner unit itself (probably not necessary though, think the orifice will fix mine)

If I'm able to grab it. I'll set all that stuff aside and make sure I get it sent out to you when I find time.

I messaged the owner but I haven't heard back yet

My flavorizer bars showed up today and since I actually needed some I installed them. I can't really complain about anything since they were so cheap, but I do want to point something out that was apparent right away. They are not the same width as a better or real set from Weber. There is quite a bit of play left to right within the tabs they sit between.IMG_20240702_141502228_HDR.jpg

Back