Online Source for Smoke Wood?

Stone

TVWBB Super Fan
Amy suggestions for a reasonably priced source of smoke wood?
Home Depot has boxes of oak for about $45 for 20lbs.

I found Fruita Wood, who claims to supply Franklin BBQ, selling post oak at $45 for 15 lbs.
Is that a good deal?
I’ve been buying little 5 lb bags of Weber chunks. I figure I should be able to do better.

TIA

Last edited:
Amy suggestions for a reasonably priced source of smoke wood?
Home Depot has boxes of oak for about $45 for 20lbs.

I found Fruita Wood, who claims to supply Franklin BBQ, selling post oak at $45 for 15 lbs.
Is that a good deal?
I’ve been buying little 5 lb bags of Weber chunks. I figure I should be able to do better.

TIA
I see your in New York.
You should also check out Smokinlicous.

Late to the conversation, but I'm very happy with Fruitawood as well. Here in NJ its hard to find decent smoke wood. I went with a combo box with post oak, peach, and pecan. All great options, but my favorite of the mix is the post oak hands down.

I see your in New York.
You should also check out Smokinlicous.
There was a time that you could get Weber Chery and Apple at the big box stores any time you walked in. As well as 20 pounds of KBB for $9.99 a twin pack on holidays.

Those days are gone and not that long ago. I have purchased my share of Smokinlicous wood chunks and more than happy with them. Although for Alder I harvest my own for Salmon and Steelies.

Spendy but worth it in my onion. Wish they would send some Pasta Louis with it as well seeing how they are out of Olean. Half a century ago the Southern Tier was the Cherry capital of the world. Especially Potter County in Pa.

And lots of overgrown apple orchards that were breeding grounds for game.

I can purchase Cherry and Apple from the big box stores down in town. And get Apple branch trimmings from the orchards on bluffs of the Mississippi which I occasionally do. It usually ends up rotting in the back yard because I more times than not use Smokinlicous Apple chunks. Because...

i used to order chigger creek online and they would send me an assortment but now I find their products at my local Ace hardware

And wood you buy online has the right moisture content compared to the stuff in the big box stores which can be on the shelves for ??
Smokinlicious prints out the MC on every delivery. I think Fruita did on my last order.

And wood you buy online has the right moisture content compared to the stuff in the big box stores which can be on the shelves for ??
Smokinlicious prints out the MC on every delivery. I think Fruita did on my last order.

And the difference is really noticeable.
Like timothy, I have been nothing but pleased with my purchases from both Fruita Wood and SmokinLicious.
But if you want to try the Peach Wood, you'll need to go with Fruita.
Everyone should try the peach at least once, IMO. :giggle:

Back