One touch gold disassembly

AnthonyJ

TVWBB Member
Does anybody have a manual or a guide on how to disassemble a one touch gold specifically the legs?

I bought a new one touch gold display model from Target today for 74.50 + tax.

They had assembled the legs where the handles are on the side instead in the front where I can easily drag the grill.

You'll want to remove the wheels and just start over with the assembly.
Some might try to leave the under carriage assembled and rotate it, but I would start over and deal with each leg separately.
To remove the wheels you need to deal with "push nuts"....Weber calls the "hubcaps".
I like to use two, opposing miniature pry bars and pry with each bar, simultaneously and with equal pressure.
In this way, the push nut will come off and be re-usable.

Here is a thread that has a pic of the bars that I use...
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?66659-Kettle-Wheel-Upgrade

After you get the wheels off, the "triangle" comes off next and then the legs.
The legs are simply "pushed on" and held in via a nub in the socket that bites into the leg.
A press fit....lightly tap the legs into place with a soft hammer (or similar).

"Soft hammer" means a dead-blow hammer, a rubber mallet, or at least cushion the hammer blows with a piece of softwood.

Getting the hubcaps off is a simple task with the right tools.
It can be a PITA though, if trying to use a single, flat bladed screwdriver.

Last edited:
The legs just slip into the sockets. You should be able to slide them out, rotate the bowl as needed, and reinsert them. It might be helpful to have another person there to help position things, but it's not difficult.

No need to take the wheels off. Just ba
ng on the axle on each side and those two legs will come out. For the other leg just grip hard and yank hard.

Turn the kettle upside down in the grass and wiggle the legs out. It's nice that they just don't fall out when you lift the kettle to roll it on the wheels that is what mine does, ha!

GGross has exactly the method I would employ!

GG- get some small self tapping screws, drill a pilot hole, run them in. I had an old kettle which I gave to my brother in law(used it for fifteen years) he did that when one got loose and it was wonderful until it did die at the ripe old age of about 25.

Last edited:
It's a new kettle apparently assembled by Team Dementia.
Hopefully it does not not need "helper screws" through the leg sockets already !

Probably a 50-50 chance that the triangle is upside down as well.
The good news is that some of these Team Dementia assembled kettles do not have the legs tapped in 100% into the sockets.
That would benefit the OP in his re-assembly.

Joe.

Another tip to prevent wobbly leg. Wrap some adhesive aluminium foil around the part of the leg that goes into the socket. A couple of wraps should do it, to get a nice snug fit.
I actually drilled the socket & leg in situ, & run in a self-tapping screw. A wobbly leg falling out when wheeling the kettle around is a PITA. Been there, luckily when wheeling it out of the shed & not with a full grill.

Joe.

Another tip to prevent wobbly leg. Wrap some adhesive aluminium foil around the part of the leg that goes into the socket. A couple of wraps should do it, to get a nice snug fit.
I actually drilled the socket & leg in situ, & run in a self-tapping screw. A wobbly leg falling out when wheeling the kettle around is a PITA. Been there, luckily when wheeling it out of the shed & not with a full grill.
Good tip, Tony.
And an easier solution as compared to drilling through the leg sockets.
Hopefully this new kettle still has a robust leg-to-socket fit.

Back