One of my daughter's favorite meals

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
Hands down my daughter's favorite cut of beef is Picanha, and it sits as one of her favorite meals overall. It has been way to long since I cooked one.
IMG_20220709_104511475.jpg

Reviewing my bookmarked post from @Rich G. so I could quadruple checked, I cut with the grain because "If you cut your Picanha into steaks, it's important to cut them WITH the grain......that way, when you slice the steaks, you can cut them against the grain for max tenderness".
IMG_20220709_105101323.jpg

After a 10 hour salt brine, I seasoned them with Oak Ridge Carne Crosta and onto the indirect side. When they hit 110, quick rest and onto the direct side. I used all leftover charcoal from my recent reentry into the pizza game cook.
IMG_20220709_173937235_HDR.jpg

Served with Brizilian Rice, and sprouts, with onion, bacon, some seasonings, and a small pinch of sugar. The sugar was a new addition, it really added great balance to the dish that I have always felt it lacked when I made it in the past.
IMG_20220709_181436039.jpg

My daughter eat two whole steaks, and declared there is no reason to cook other cuts of steak when this is clearly the best.

Last edited:
Great Cook. I've never had Picanha after seeing yours and the one Rich G did I've got to see if I can find some.

My daughter eat two whole steaks, and declared there is no reason to cook other cuts of steak when this is clearly the best.
Smart kid ya got there, Michael! :) Great looking plate of food!! I picked up 6 lbs of Picanha for $40 when Wild Fork had them as their "sizzling deal of the day"......need to pull one out of the freezer! :)

R

Tim and Rich,
I was able to find Picanha for awhile at my local Walmart and they were good quality, but I no longer can find them there so now it is to Wild Fork Foods for me to get them.
Screenshot_20220710-131604.png
They have a great selection. This cook was the choice black Angus and it was a big one (over 3.5 lbs). Family family got me the prime last year.

I agree with your daughter! Good call using the Carne Crosta, great stuff!
I can go just simple salt only like the classic Brizilian Picanha, but I really like it with the Carne Crosta. I think it is the best steak seasoning I have ever used and I think it is at it's very best when paired with the Picanha.

I can go just simple salt only like the classic Brizilian Picanha, but I really like it with the Carne Crosta. I think it is the best steak seasoning I have ever used and I think it is at it's very best when paired with the Picanha.
I agree, I love it. This one is good too.
9ECB1E8D-6BBE-4BA3-8204-BEAEEB905DA2.jpeg

Back