OMS Chicken Lollipop

Mark R (LR)

TVWBB Super Fan
Saw some pics of a chicken lollipop yesterday, which reminded me that I had never tried them. A friend is doing a crawfish boil on Easter Sunday, and I'm bringing some BBQ, so I wanted to test the chicken lollipops in advance, thinking they might have a nice Wow factor.

Prepped them at lunchtime and got them on a wire rack in the fridge to dry out during the afternoon.
90F8A690-5DB4-45F7-8317-FDE05D51A8C1.jpg

Cooked at 360 indirect for about an hour. Sauced a couple of times right at the end.
009BF3F6-C5B8-4383-8BF5-3AB3D47BA3AD.jpg

It was fun, and they looked cool, but I prefer the OMS wings over these drumsticks so don't think these are going to make it on my menu for Sunday.

I also got good news today in the form of an email indicating that my new ATC unit shipped today (CyberQ Wifi). Looking forward to playing with that!

I missed on the skin and had to hold it as I bit through to keep it all from pulling off at once. A lot of foreign YouTube cooks batter and fry them, so I may try that or may try taking a Wingstop-like approach, fry them nekkid, and sauce them afterward.

Great looking lollipops...I have done a couple of lollipops with the wings and have seen but never tried doing lollipops with legs. Your's look very good and nice knife skills. I want to try and make a bunch of lollipops with wings.

It was a bit of a pain dealing with all of the tendons in the drumsticks. I saw a few videos that did them with wings, but I haven't tried that yet. Is it fairly time-consuming to make lollipops from wings?

Looks stunning! i have done e few of these myself...But im with you. Like em Original way better..Or even wings.

Back