Old smoker in South Carolina

Hugh B

Hi my name is Hugh. I'm 83 and just bought a new 14.4 WSM an have several cooks on it. My last smoker was one with offset firebox. One tine I smoked 34 lbs of Boston butts for a party of 55 people we were having at my home.

I am retired from DOD after 34 years of service. I started in electronics but was promoted to management.

Needless to say I've spent some time BBQing. After carring my WSM in pieces to the shade by my front door along with a stand I saw the need for a cart so I just completed that project. My current project is a DIY ATC not that I need one but sounded like a fun project.

I look forward to learning more about smoking and meeting the healthful people on this site.

Hey Hugh! Welcome to our smokehouse!

I'll betcha a buck you're loving that Weber 14incher after playing with the offset... :wsm:

Welcome , Hugh. I'd be interested to see a picture of your cart that you made. I did one myself.

Welcome =) I just signed up too, after putting in my order for the 14.5" WSM. I'm glad to hear you like it. I would love to see pics of how you set it up. I have a bunch of brick pavers left over from a garden project so I'm probably going to see if I can build a platform to make it taller. Have you encountered any issues or things you wish were different on it? Hope to hear more about your little wsm.

Back