Old Q gas controller

Liz QM

TVWBB Member
I have a Q200 I think it’s 10 years plus old and the gas thermostat controller is stiff to turn at a lower temperature setting. It feels like I could break the controller off the gas pipe.
Does it need some oil or silicone to get it moving freely?
Many thanks 1F9CE14B-FF7B-4364-9AC9-133A14100D15.jpeg

Have you called Weber?
I am going to contact them as looking at the replacement regulators mine is different. I am not in the USA and last time I contacted them in the UK they didn’t seem to be too helpful. I want to do some research first and hopefully find the part number :)

I am going to contact them as looking at the replacement regulators mine is different. I am not in the USA and last time I contacted them in the UK they didn’t seem to be too helpful. I want to do some research first and hopefully find the part number :)
Do you have the full model number or serial number of your Q? I can use that to pull a parts list and provide you with the appropriate replacement part number. You could use that to help facilitate your conversation with Weber UK. #IworkforWeber

Do you have the full model number or serial number of your Q? I can use that to pull a parts list and provide you with the appropriate replacement part number. You could use that to help facilitate your conversation with Weber UK. #IworkforWeber
The model is 396074 and serial number I think is DR0384979.
I believe the part number I need is 80476.
I have been in contact with Weber, asked for that part and how to order and was sent a link to pay for the regulator that fits on the bottle. It’s all done through a email chat facility and its hard to get a reply. I am going to send another message as it has been a week since I last heard from them.
many thanks for your help

Here is your owners manual if that might help you out some. I do see that your grill has a clearly different LP hookup than we do in the US.

Attachments

• Q grill manual.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 4
Here is your owners manual if that might help you out some. I do see that your grill has a clearly different LP hookup than we do in the US.
Thanks Bruce. I need part number 17 I think it was and the manual has the email address so I will try that too.

I have it attached to a 13 kilo propane tank. It was on butane but we can’t use butane here anymore so a change of the regulator and a service by the gas man and good to go :)

Liz, check this link. It will give you the specific part number for your grill.

Thanks Bruce so much. I need the 65759 part.
I have come down with covid so not doing much at the moment but will try the email contact agsin.
I will let you know how I get on :)

Liz, check this link. It will give you the specific part number for your grill.

Woohoo! I have managed to order the spare part 😀 thanks Bruce.
It was £50 which I am happy to pay considering the Q was free from the recycling yard.
Here’s to many more years of use!

The model is 396074 and serial number I think is DR0384979.
I believe the part number I need is 80476.
I have been in contact with Weber, asked for that part and how to order and was sent a link to pay for the regulator that fits on the bottle. It’s all done through a email chat facility and its hard to get a reply. I am going to send another message as it has been a week since I last heard from them.
many thanks for your help
Sorry for the delayed response. 65759 is indeed the correct valve/regulator assembly for your model. Keep on the email team working with you. Summer can be rough due to high email volumes, but they should be able to help get you the part you need. A balance of patience working with them, but persistence, will pay off eventually.

UPDATE: Sorry, I should have read the entire thread before responding. I'm glad to hear you got the part ordered!

Glad to help. Keep us posted on how it works out.
Sorry for the delayed response. 65759 is indeed the correct valve/regulator assembly for your model. Keep on the email team working with you. Summer can be rough due to high email volumes, but they should be able to help get you the part you need. A balance of patience working with them, but persistence, will pay off eventually.

UPDATE: Sorry, I should have read the entire thread before responding. I'm glad to hear you got the part ordered!
Hi Bruce and John, thanks 😊
The new hose and regulator and valve assembly has arrived and I have fitted it. That was an easy 5 minute fix 😀
The controller is now so easy to turn.
The old one is looking quite rough but I am only 3 miles from the sea so prone to corrosion here.
Let’s see how I get on with those expensive sausages I bought!

Attachments

• C9ACFB99-BFE2-483F-A3E4-F03FAC7AC016.jpeg
    C9ACFB99-BFE2-483F-A3E4-F03FAC7AC016.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 2

Back