Oh boy, this is hard to walk away from. Help!

Are these any good though? I've not been super thrilled with what I've seen from Weber as of late.
Are they made in USA?

Are these any good though? I've not been super thrilled with what I've seen from Weber as of late.
Are they made in USA?
So far feels very similar in build quality to my last Genesis that I got back in 2015.

Screenshot_20240127-122303.png

I really enjoyed that grill and when I sold it because I wasn't cooking on it very much I still missed it.

We'll see how the new one holds up over time, but so far feels similar to me.

The Genesis II E335 I saw in costco last spring was made in USA.
The ones at my Costco (same model) clearly were labeled "Hecho en Chine" (or made in china). Ever notice on many products lately if they're actually MADE in the US, they have it clearly printed "Made in USA". If not they put in small print "Hecho en XXXX"? Perhaps luck of the draw on that model Genesis, but every box was Chinese made. Now I went back and looked at the 4 burner model and those were labeled "Assembled in USA of global parts" or something to that effect indicating the contents of the box were likely mostly made elsewhere and everything was assembled and packed here in USA.

What is Hecho EN UA? IDK why stuff just can't be printed in English anymore, though I do know what Hecho en Chine is

I am with you Larry. I get soo pissed when I get a new toy and the owners manual is 96 pages because it is printed in three different languages. If you want to live in America you should learn to speak American dammit.

I cannot imagine HD selling Weber products below cost, so this sale may demonstrate the margins built into these gassers, unbelievable!

I'm going to tell a story and it's going to sound completely made up and that I'm a stark raving liar. I promise this is 100% true.

So, like I said earlier in this thread I went to my local Home Depot here in SE Georgia and they didn't have any Genesis models above the lowest model and not a single discount price. Well, today I had to drive to Jacksonville to get some work done on my SUV and while I was waiting for it to be done I was looking up where the closest Home Depot was. Then I noticed there was a Lowe's right across the street, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to take a spin through.

I was just about through the line of grills when the last Genesis they had was at the endcap. E-435. Then I saw this and I swear to you I felt a blood vessel pop in my brain....

View attachment 85577

I asked the nice lady if they had any in the box still. She said that one grill was the last one. I hadn't measured it or my SUV to see if it would even fit, but didn't matter. This one was coming home with me. I wasn't letting it out of my sight. lol

So, I buy it and roll it out to my SUV to find a way home with it. After the removal of all the moving parts and just a small amount of disassembly I got it to work.

View attachment 85578

View attachment 85579

View attachment 85580

View attachment 85581

View attachment 85582

View attachment 85583

Even crazier part of the story is that while I'm in the Lowe's parking lot taking this thing apart and stuffing it into my SUV, a gentleman comes up and asks if it's the grill they "had for sale for $400 bucks?" I said, yes sir. He says he saw it last time he was there and had to get some things today and was going to buy it if it was still there. lol. So, sounds like the Weber gods put me in exactly the right place at the right time.

Very happy! Moral of the story is keep checking all the Lowe's and Home Depot's you can right now if you are looking for a deal.
We've noticed that our Lowe's will often, out of the blue, offer insane discounts on Weber stuff. I scored flavorizer bars for our Genny B for something like $10.00.... I love the yellow-tag pricing!

Well, got my upgrades done to the Genesis.

Handle light
PXL_20240130_050354887.jpg

9mm grates came today. These things are heavy and beautiful. I really enjoyed the 7mm on my old Genesis and I already know I'm going to love these.

PXL_20240130_050250077.jpg
PXL_20240130_050158621.jpg

Last, I got a bamboo cutting board to use on the larger work surface. Same one that I got for the work surface of my S6.

PXL_20240130_050234731.jpg
Now, I'm definitely a charcoal guy but I had forgotten how much I did love my Genesis. I've only done 2 cooks on this new one so far. One was an indirect pork loin cook with quick sear at the end, and the other was french fries on a sheet pan while I did some Oklahoma fried onion burgers on the griddle. When cooking the pork loins I definitely missed the normal seasoning. There wasn't even a whisper of smoke. It was just like cooking in the oven. So I need to do some cooks on it to get some seasoning. But, I am actually looking forward to using it.
PXL_20240126_234549519.jpg

PXL_20240127_004722233.jpg

PXL_20240127_005235826.jpg

PXL_20240127_005732879.jpg

Back