Oh boy, this is hard to walk away from. Help!

Those sold quick, was trying to get one with a friend and they are gone.
I need something fun this spring as 2023 was a ############, so I’m keeping the Saturday delivery for mine.

Last edited:
I checked our Home Depot. They have one basic Genesis E315 and two SPirit two burners on display. They are current models and full price. The rest are all other brands. They probably have 12 grills on display right now. Years ago, it would be nearly half Weber grills. I don't know what the ratio will look like in April and May when grilling season first gets under way up here, but Weber looks to be losing a lot of floor space at our HD.

I checked our Home Depot. They have one basic Genesis E315 and two SPirit two burners on display. They are current models and full price. The rest are all other brands. They probably have 12 grills on display right now. Years ago, it would be nearly half Weber grills. I don't know what the ratio will look like in April and May when grilling season first gets under way up here, but Weber looks to be losing a lot of floor space at our HD.
This HD had a ton of Webers!

This is exactly what happened to me today. Lol. Same display at my home depot here in SE Georgia.

Well after all that I decided to cancel my order this morning.

As I’ve mentioned we are in a rental until our house gets a major renovation, could be another 1 1/2 years. I promised myself I would wait until we got home to rethink my grilling space. I will do a big time reduction with the only guaranteed keeper being the glen blue 26”.

I haven’t fired up my SmokeFire in 6 months, I’m going to bring that to the rental and see how she does.
I did end up getting one of the SX-335’s for a friend so it will be interesting to see how he likes it. His first Weber.

Well after all that I decided to cancel my order this morning.

As I’ve mentioned we are in a rental until our house gets a major renovation, could be another 1 1/2 years. I promised myself I would wait until we got home to rethink my grilling space. I will do a big time reduction with the only guaranteed keeper being the glen blue 26”.

I haven’t fired up my SmokeFire in 6 months, I’m going to bring that to the rental and see how she does.
I did end up getting one of the SX-335’s for a friend so it will be interesting to see how he likes it. His first Weber.
Makes me sad. lol. I would have snapped that up in a heartbeat and I'm in the same situation of being in a rental until we build our house. I would be asking for forgiveness from the wife, but I would have made it work at that price. I want a large gasser for my new outdoor grilling space and this would be perfect. I'm going to Jacksonville today for some errands and I'm going to hit up a Home Depot there on the off chance they are offering sales on their Webers.

The thing with hitting those kind of deals at HD is that you have to be there within hours of them putting the deal out. I was at HD one day and they had two riding mowers (I think Simplicity) that were last years stock. It was probably April. They were $800 each, about half price. I was really tempted but my ten year old Cub Cadet was still running good so I thought I would just go get what I came for and think about it. They were gone 15 minutes later. A guy bought both.

Last edited:
Makes me sad. lol. I would have snapped that up in a heartbeat and I'm in the same situation of being in a rental until we build our house. I would be asking for forgiveness from the wife, but I would have made it work at that price. I want a large gasser for my new outdoor grilling space and this would be perfect. I'm going to Jacksonville today for some errands and I'm going to hit up a Home Depot there on the off chance they are offering sales on their Webers.
Makes me a little sad too. It wasn’t the money and my wife was more than ok with it.
I just promised my self not to accumulate a bunch of stuff while we wait for the house.
My old garage was like the Weber section at Ace, I want to be sure of the things I bring in this time.

I'm going to tell a story and it's going to sound completely made up and that I'm a stark raving liar. I promise this is 100% true.

So, like I said earlier in this thread I went to my local Home Depot here in SE Georgia and they didn't have any Genesis models above the lowest model and not a single discount price. Well, today I had to drive to Jacksonville to get some work done on my SUV and while I was waiting for it to be done I was looking up where the closest Home Depot was. Then I noticed there was a Lowe's right across the street, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to take a spin through.

I was just about through the line of grills when the last Genesis they had was at the endcap. E-435. Then I saw this and I swear to you I felt a blood vessel pop in my brain....

1706303791442.png

I asked the nice lady if they had any in the box still. She said that one grill was the last one. I hadn't measured it or my SUV to see if it would even fit, but didn't matter. This one was coming home with me. I wasn't letting it out of my sight. lol

So, I buy it and roll it out to my SUV to find a way home with it. After the removal of all the moving parts and just a small amount of disassembly I got it to work.

1706304879472.png

1706304896135.png

1706304916234.png

1706304940409.png

1706304968298.png

1706304996591.png

Even crazier part of the story is that while I'm in the Lowe's parking lot taking this thing apart and stuffing it into my SUV, a gentleman comes up and asks if it's the grill they "had for sale for $400 bucks?" I said, yes sir. He says he saw it last time he was there and had to get some things today and was going to buy it if it was still there. lol. So, sounds like the Weber gods put me in exactly the right place at the right time.

Very happy! Moral of the story is keep checking all the Lowe's and Home Depot's you can right now if you are looking for a deal.

That is awesome!! Mike Lucky 🍀
There’s the gas grill center piece your looking for!!
Yep. Sending the dimensions of the stand up griddle, the S6, and now the Genesis to our architect so he can build the outdoor kitchen around them. I'm just having him create space for them instead of built-ins because I already know my tendencies about changing grills. Lol. I want to have the ability to not only upgrade or update grills whenever I decide, but I also want to be able to deploy the grills to different parts of the patio or yard if I want to.

Back