::Official:: 4th of July Smoke Thread!!!

Smoke of July Celebration?
icon_cool.gif

Family coming over. I'm planning ribs and roadside chicken. Looks like it may rain later though.

BTW - Speaking of it: we're getting a Trader Joe's in West Des Moines late this year. Yeah!
icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: My wife's afraid of the rain predictions Sunday -doesn't want a houseful - wants to be outside - so we might back off a bit.
icon_frown.gif

Lets see
icon_confused.gif
3 brisket flats to be cooked Saturday along with 25 lb's of chickens thighs,along with burgers beef hotdogs and sasuage Putting on 18 lb's of pork butt tonight around 11 pm.
icon_smile.gif
this is my best holiday of the year
icon_cool.gif
and lest not for get the beer
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamie Berry:
Beer seems to be the common denominator here.
icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yah, right behind breathing.
icon_wink.gif

Brisket (been a long time!) and "Roadside" Rabbit. Have a new Poultry market nearby and besides the Chicken and Guinea Hens, Duck, etc. Fresh (By fresh, on the bunny trail this AM) rabbit.

Between now and monday 2 butts PP 6 slabs BB a turkey breast and 1 12 lb brisket to go with 3 days of beers beans and corn
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Glad to see all the briskets going down this weekend. Personally, I'll be perfecting my baby back methods with two dear friends.

I don't know. I'm lookin' to try something different. Any suggestions? I'm thinking pit beef or something like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy_E:
Well I was planning on hitting up the Sam's club on the way home from work and see what they got there. I really want to do a HH brisket (my first) but it sounds like we won't have much company over Sat like we thought. Guess I'll just have to feel it out.

Question, has anybody found tri-tips at a sams
club (im in midwest)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have found tri's at Costco for $5.99 lb. Near Chicago.

I was supposed to be on vacation in Hilton Head but my sweetie got sick so we'll be staying home. Gives me the chance to grill and chill so I'll be trying my first brisket tomorrow, probably lobster tails on Sunday and Baby Backs for Monday. Oh... And cold beer!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TravisH:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamie Berry:
Beer seems to be the common denominator here.
icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yah, right behind breathing.
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who needs to breath. The bubbles will supply all the air I need from the inside.
icon_biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, we are going to two different places this weekend and my wife has promised both ABT's. 48 of them each day.

For me, wine. (I actually had two beers a couple weeks ago, My first since...oh, 1985?)

Last night's quick dinner: Crosscut pork tenderloin marinated in o.j and evoo with cumin, smoked paprika, Aleppo, fenugreek and a bit of cardamom, skewered with mango chunks and grilled; sautéed julienned Bliss potato, habanero and bell pepper slivers, garlic; grilled asparagus.

porkmango3.jpg

Mixed berries with mesquite flour cream.

parfait1.jpg

2- racks of spares, some roadside chicken and some grilled corn.

Oh, and I do have about 20- gallons of beer on tap.

Three racks of babybacks on tap for tomorrow on apple and hickory. The wife is doing crabs so hopefully there will be plenty of bbq for me.

Back