Official 2021 Upper Midwest Weber Gas Grill Meet thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Official 2021 Midwest Weber Gas Grill Meet thread

Ok folks. Jon T and I have done a little planning behind the scenes and wanted to formally kick off the 2021 Midwest Weber Gas Grill Meet thread. Here what we and a couple other list members came up with to start this off. Of course this is all preliminary and subject to changes, but there are some parts that we already have a fairly solid idea on.

First off, This thread is for discussion and information dissemination regarding the actual event. If you plan to attend the meet, please Private Message me "BRUCE" and provide you name and location. This will be used to help narrow the final meet location. I will periodically update this thread with a list of members who have responded.

YOU ARE INVITED! 2021 First Annual Upper Midwest TVWBB Regional Meet

We are trying to move this from just another idea to a reality. Jon Tofte and I are volunteering to try to plan and coordinate a “meet” for fellow TVWBB members to get together, have a good time, and, of course, EAT! We are currently thinking of a location in northern Illinois, and YOU are invited:
  • Please let us know if you have a serious interest in attending. We first need to get an idea of how many people we might have in attendance. Please message "BRUCE" to let us know. Provide your name and location to help us determine the best final location for the meet.
  • All list members are invited regardless of where they live. Even coal burners are welcome. If you want to drive out from Atlanta or fly out from L.A, that is up to you. But the location will be in the Midwest and likely somewhere near the N. Illinois area.
  • We are thinking sometime in the summer of 2021. Hopefully, this stupid COVID virus will have finally faded away by then. Please give us your thoughts about when this could possibly work for you.
  • Should we aim for a one-day event or longer?
  • Participating members only or should we invite spouses & kids?
Your feedback will help us develop a workable plan and make this happen. I think we could have a lot of fun, share ideas and lots of good food. Hopefully, some of us could bring a grill or two and we could have fun showing them off and sharing cooking methods. I believe the WKC people even do swaps and sales like at a car show. Bring some of your leftover parts – it might be just what another member needs!

We really want to do this if there is adequate interest. Please let us know if you want to get in on the ground floor! Suggestions not covered above are welcome.

Are we sure we don't want to do it this year?
I mean, think about it ... social distancing, wearing masks,
everyone arguing about politics and whether any of this
is really doing any good.....

My wife and I look forward to attending... now or then. :D

Dave, please be sure to PM me if you plan to attend NEXT Summer.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Yah, we have lots of time yet, but to get this going, we really need to get a feel for how many and from where people will be coming. If you RSVP, we won't knock on your door if you cancel out. But if you have a real interest and would like to attend if things work out for you next summer, let us know. Specifically, PM me as I will be keeping a list.
Thanks everyone and have a great weekend all.

OK, I guess we can post an update on responses, six so far.

Here is a map I used to pin everyone that has indicated interest in attending next summer. I have one qualification is that Pin #5 for Greg M is an estimation as he simply gave me SW Missouri for a location but indicated that he has relatives in Wisconsin and Iowa and would likely combine visits in those areas with a trip to the meet.
If I missed anyone, please let me know.

2021 Upper MidwestGas Grill Meet Map .jpg

Bruce,
That’s really cool. Great to see we have a good start. Those if you in our region who haven’t messaged yet, I hope you will sign up help us make this a great event.

I know we have a couple more Wisconsin guys and some Iowa guys on this forum. Probably several more from Illinois and I am expecting a pin or two in Michigan. And what about Minnesota? I know most of you guys are in the Twin Cities or north of it, but heck, why not. We need at least one representative from each of those states.

Bruce I plan to attend will pm you. Doubt my wife will come along if allowed but you never know coming from ATL. Would need some details from the airport time wise I really think a 1 day event IMO is good I would for sure becoming in for a few days people who hang around we can do dinner.

I am an IPA guy and Josh Cab guy so hopefully there are some other members who partake.

I have a feeling the meet will be relatively close to Chicago for anyone flying in. I would think a trip north in the Summer would be welcome for anyone down south.

Well, we finally got some good response on the solicitation for attendees. Here is the current map with 9 members indicating they were interested in attending. One thing I changed besides adding the latest members is that I changed their pins to their actual homes instead of their "staging" locations. I think this gives a good picture of the interest from areas even outside the traditional Upper Midwest area.
Far outlying pins will not be used to determine the final location for the meet however as several respondents will be combining the meet with visiting family and friends in the area.

2021 Upper MidwestGas Grill Meet Map .jpg

OK, I guess we can post an update on responses, six so far.

Here is a map I used to pin everyone that has indicated interest in attending next summer. I have one qualification is that Pin #5 for Greg M is an estimation as he simply gave me SW Missouri for a location but indicated that he has relatives in Wisconsin and Iowa and would likely combine visits in those areas with a trip to the meet.
If I missed anyone, please let me know.

View attachment 10141

Sorry Bruce i wasn't trying to be evasive. Your approximation was spot on. Springfield MO.

Greg no problem. I was more concerned with your more local jumping off points in helping determine a good place for the meet. But, it seems some like the idea of hailing from the their home town/state so I changed them up accordingly. I kind of like seeing the range that some people are showing interest from.

Hey all, this is going well. We now have a forum member representing Minnesota for the 2021 Midwest Meet.
Mark Maetzold (MMaetzold) jumped in from St Cloud. I know we have a couple active members from Michigan. What about Wisconsin. I know we have a couple fellow Wisconsinites on the forum.
Thanks to everyone responding so far and I hope many more of you decide to join us. This is looking really promising for becoming a reality next summer.

Bruce
Lyndon Station, Juneau County, Wisconsin, United States of America
Dave in KCKansas City, Jackson County, Missouri, United States of America
Jon TofteBrazil, Clay County, Indiana, United States of America
Jeff VarchminBartlett, Cook County, Illinois, 60103, United States of America
Greg MSpringfield, Greene County, Missouri, United States of America
LMichealsRockford, Winnebago County, Illinois, United States of America
G SchaferLake Villa, Lake County, Illinois, United States of America
Rick WHollidaysburg, Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Brian B AtlantaAtlanta, Fulton County, Georgia, United States of America
Dave MazzBlue Grass, Scott County, Iowa, United States of America
MMaetzoldSt. Cloud, Stearns County, Minnesota, United States of America

2021 Midwest Weber Meet.jpg

Bruce,
Thanks from all of us for keeping us updated and for the cool map that adds a great visual to our planning. Looking forward to a good time!

Would love to attend and meet all of you! However it would be a long haul for me coming from the West Coast. I think I will stay out of the City of Chicago for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back