Observation

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I was at Southern States earlier and they had a 22" WSM on display. It was the first time I've seen one in person. IT'S HUGE!! Wow.

I was doing a lot of looking online and watching Chris's videos. It was hard to gauge the size even in video. By a stroke of luck, my wife found out there was a BBQ store just north of us. We made a day out of it. Them being a Weber dealer the first I did was look for the 22 WSM. You right it is huge! Need less to say I bought one right away. I can't wait, it should be here tomorrow.

I bought my 22.5 earlier this summer. The local guy had it on sale, in stock. It's only 6" bigger, but it makes a difference. Takes a bit more fuel/briquettes, but I can do 12 racks of ribs (or the equivalent: 2 packer briskets, or 6 chickens, etc.) no problem. Yeah baby.
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Stop It All Now!!
SIZE does NOT matter!
icon_biggrin.gif
(proud owner of a Weber 18.5" WSM) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Methinks thou doth protest too loudly.

Perhaps we can agree (size-wise) on relative direction from "average". 18.5 is below average and 22.5....isn't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Stop It All Now!!
SIZE does NOT matter!
icon_biggrin.gif
(proud owner of a Weber 18.5" WSM) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure it does! But of course you know most of us drive Porsches too...
icon_smile.gif

It is HUGE. My wife freaked when I put it together and said "you're not going to store that on our deck where everyone can see it, are you?" It just exploits cooking space vertically. If you laid it flat it wouldn't take up any more room than a comparable offset horizontal smoker.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Posted February 24, 2010 04:08 AM Hide Post
Tonyboombatz!! ... you're right... GO BIG or GO HOME!!! ...I've got both the 18 and the 22 and love em both, but if I was gonna have only one...it would be the big 'ol DOUBLE DEUCER 22" If you do big cooks or small she'll git er done !!! In my experience with both cookers...the 22 will consume no more than 1 extra chimney full of Kingsford than the 18 on a typical cook...approx $1.80, who cares ...and if ya wanna cook 6 racks o'ribs you can lay em all flat..no rib rack hassels and when ya sauce em, the sauce stays on!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back