O.K. Baby Backs it is.

Mike Isaacson

TVWBB Fan
Boring and not so nice outside day in lovely Minnesota, so I will post my cook as it happens (nothing better to do outside see?)
IMG_2280_zpse7e8b5ea.jpg

Started with a nice set of ribs and used Grill Mates Applewood Rub.... MMMMMMMMMMMM smells good.
IMG_2277_zpsc4576fc9.jpg

Got the WSM loaded up with pecan wood (first time with pecan, fount it at Gander MT.) and Stubbs (also first time using it. Saw a couple of posts on this site about it, saw it at walmart and grabbed it before the zombie's got it, and me)
IMG_2278_zps7d5b3c26.jpg

Jaxson knows what time it is........ He wanted to say hi....
IMG_2279_zps1a2bb9c7.jpg

2:00pm time to get it going, on the smoker
IMG_2281_zps46391018.jpg

Now to sit down, relax, let the smoker do its thing, have some drinks, and see how I should do my taters.... Is it just me or anyone else think that Guiness does not really taste like beer???? It tastes more like a rainbow!...... J.K. I get a hint of coffee and chocolate.
IMG_2282_zps3a5de36f.jpg

Stay tuned more to come;)

Is it just me or anyone else think that Guiness does not really taste like beer????
Mike, it's not just you. Can't drink that stuff.
You gonna eet all those ribs yourself? I use to be able to eet an entire rack, now, for some reason, i cannot :(
How much is GM selling those bags of Pecan for?
Waiting for more photos! Jax' looks C:cool::cool:L!

Jim... I will split the rack with the wife and kids... I think the bag of Pecan was about $8.00..

Neil.. Funny thing about springers, they always look worried and yes he always gets all the bones

Last edited:
Looking forward to more Mike, nice spread of land you got there, the weather is beautiful now, like 60 and sunny.

OK its 5:00 and I got the idea to do CI potatos (thanks to Jim Lampe) I saw one of his posts and man they looked good.... I also get to try my new cast iron pan (my first one) hehehe I'm a cast iron virgin :rolleyes:
IMG_2283_zpsbeb5e939.jpg

Time to sauce.... Sweet baby rays, and beans, fresh out the damn can.
IMG_2284_zps80e97a6f.jpg

Oh and yea the dogs are still waiting, it's been a long day for them, they have not been able to run through the woods.
IMG_2285_zps91182cc1.jpg

Well, done eating and it is good to have grilling weather back... My favorite part was the CI potatos, it wa like eating a french fry/ baked potato/ fried potatos all in one.... Jaxson and Bailey are enjoying their meal as well.

Thanks everyone and have a wonderfull and safe Easter.

IMG_2286_zps915a599e.jpg

IMG_2287_zps057f75fe.jpg

IMG_2289_zps1f1e674c.jpg

IMG_2290_zps46032d2d.jpg

Back