Not Smokefire-Sams Pellet Grill

Don’t have any experience with this one, but I do like the three shelf setup. Looks like a lot if cooking room in a relatively small footprint.

Most of the Members Mark grills look to be very decent. I think the big issue is support after your purchase. Others here, however, say as long as you keep your receipt you can just bring it back. I would at least look it over and see what warranty they claim - then keep that receipt!😎

Don’t have any experience with this one, but I do like the three shelf setup. Looks like a lot if cooking room in a relatively small footprint.

Most of the Members Mark grills look to be very decent. I think the big issue is support after your purchase. Others here, however, say as long as you keep your receipt you can just bring it back. I would at least look it over and see what warranty they claim - then keep that receipt!😎
Jon, one of my concerns too is support. Sam's is great about returning items but I don't know how it would go trying to get replacement parts.

Like Jon, I don't own one - but. That's a lot of cooking grate space for that price. If you do Jerky that will really come in handy. The shelf between the legs will add rigidity when moving it. The hopper capacity is outstanding. Temp range is excellent. It has a PID controller and if you will accept that the temp is not going to be rock steady or precisely accurate you'll be fine. The fluctuations are necessary for good smoke. An alternative in that price range with good support is the Amazon model Camp Chef. I had a CC 24" pellet grill and liked it. Rich Dahl has this model and loves it - and you get a folding front shelf. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R62LF7N/?tag=tvwb-20

Like Jon, I don't own one - but. That's a lot of cooking grate space for that price. If you do Jerky that will really come in handy. The shelf between the legs will add rigidity when moving it. The hopper capacity is outstanding. Temp range is excellent. It has a PID controller and if you will accept that the temp is not going to be rock steady or precisely accurate you'll be fine. The fluctuations are necessary for good smoke. An alternative in that price range with good support is the Amazon model Camp Chef. I had a CC 24" pellet grill and liked it. Rich Dahl has this model and loves it - and you get a folding front shelf. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R62LF7N/?tag=tvwb-20
Thanks Lew, as I enter my 70’s just looking for a grill with a little bit less maintenance. Would love a Smokefire but trying to limit the price to the $500 range.

Thanks Lew, as I enter my 70’s just looking for a grill with a little bit less maintenance. Would love a Smokefire but trying to limit the price to the $500 range.
Boy, do I understand that. I'm 80 and physical limitations pushed me into pellet grills so I could keep doing Q. I started with a used Rec Tec Mini, then the used Camp Chef, and finally the Smokefire. I went with used to keep the cost down and see if it would help my circumstances. It obviously works.

Jon, one of my concerns too is support. Sam's is great about returning items but I don't know how it would go trying to get replacement parts.
Well, one example I can give is that it appears Sams at one time sold the Landmann pellet kettle. It, again, has a lot of good things going for it, including grease management that the Recteq Bullseye it competes with lacks. Even has a slide aside feature to go from indirect to direct. I keep seeing one on FB Marketplace 45 minutes from me. Brand new and marked down to $140! But, when I looked into getting parts, it didn't appear very promising. For that price, I am still tempted to get it just to try it and figure it is a throwaway grill. Since it is at a liquidator, no help from Sams. I might find parts in a pinch, but very good chance that if something significant failed it would wind up as scrap metal. So, that's what I would worry about this model pellet grill they are currently offering. At the same time, if it is true that you could just take it back to Sams with your receipt and get a replacement with whatever pellet grill they are selling then, that would be great support! Even if you just got your money back. So, I would be cautious, but not rule it out at all.

p.s. Camp Chef seems to be a really great option, and at least with a major brand you have a company that can provide parts support. $573 on Amazon is pretty strong since it has the same double shelf as the more expensive ($899) Woodwind model.

I can't say enough about my Camp Chef. I stopped counting the number of cooks I've done on it but it's well into the hundreds. Not one problem ever. It's basic and I use my thermo works smoke to monitor the cooks.
Does what it needs to do fuss free.
It also has a ton of room with both large upper and lower racks.

Back