Not a lot of attachments for the 14 WSM but!

Garvin R

TVWBB Super Fan
But I found a gentleman from AB Canada who has risers that fit a 14 WSM and also a rotisserie too! I ordered the riser and should have by end of month here's a photo of the riser and the rotisserie in the 14 inch size. When I figure out how to attach a link, I will come back and edit thread. Name of company is Spitfire found on Etsy. Leave a note if ordering that you want it to fit your WSM.

Scott
14inchrotisserie.jpg
riser14.jpg

I made something similar out of some surplus 304 stainless sheetmetal I had. Works great even though mine is around double the height.

Sorry to sidetrack this thread, but does anyone do their rotisserie chicken directly above the charcoal without the drip pan? I've only used my rotisserie once, and i followed someone's recommendation to roast the chicken this way. I was worried the drippings would cause a grease fire but I guess the limited amount of air prevents it from flaring up? It was the most delicious bbq chicken I've ever had.

But I found a gentleman from AB Canada who has risers that fit a 14 WSM and also a rotisserie too! I ordered the riser and should have by end of month here's a photo of the riser and the rotisserie in the 14 inch size. When I figure out how to attach a link, I will come back and edit thread. Name of company is Spitfire found on Etsy. Leave a note if ordering that you want it to fit your WSM.

Scott
View attachment 45349
View attachment 45350
Spitfire is a company that has been around for years now. Good you found something to work for you.

I made something similar out of some surplus 304 stainless sheetmetal I had. Works great even though mine is around double the height.

Sorry to sidetrack this thread, but does anyone do their rotisserie chicken directly above the charcoal without the drip pan? I've only used my rotisserie once, and i followed someone's recommendation to roast the chicken this way. I was worried the drippings would cause a grease fire but I guess the limited amount of air prevents it from flaring up? It was the most delicious bbq chicken I've ever had.
I have always banked by coals on both sides for two reasons
1. Extended cook time through unlit coals and temperature control.
2. I get a more uniform cook without drying out any part of the bird.

A third option I have at that point is the ability to baste the chicken with its own drippings.

I’ve been spinning birds for several years and have ever done one “Direct” method. I think if you did it on a WSM the height would be forgiving enough to not set the critter on fire but on a kettle, I think you run that risk with much greater possibility.
Garvin, isn’t that a Smokey Joe? Shapes don’t look like a WSM to me.

Thanks, I didn’t realize that wasn’t your unit. Won’t you need to turn it upside down! The WSM lid fits inside so, I’m not sure you will be able to use the rotisserie since the slots are set up for regular kettle fitting top and barrel.
Just an observation.

Thanks, I didn’t realize that wasn’t your unit. Won’t you need to turn it upside down! The WSM lid fits inside so, I’m not sure you will be able to use the rotisserie since the slots are set up for regular kettle fitting top and barrel.
Just an observation.
It looks like that should be possible for him. I don't have experience with Spitfire, since I chose to go with a Cajun bandit, but the original poster would be able to modify it if need be. It would then be reversible like the Cajun bandit.

I suppose if they are being fabricated to order, all the slots could simply be cut on the “other side”. Or, maybe have them cut on both sides so it would be reversible! I might need to get one for an 18…

Just an observation.
He makes it to fit both if you ask him to do it other wise it's for the kettle grill. So the one I order will fit both the 14 wsm and the 14 kettle.

I’ve been spinning birds for several years and have ever done one “Direct” method. I think if you did it on a WSM the height would be forgiving enough to not set the critter on fire but on a kettle, I think you run that risk with much greater possibility.
Garvin, isn’t that a Smokey Joe? Shapes don’t look like a WSM to me.

I just dug up my thread from several years ago. I forgot I had recorded the details. See the photo. The bird did not get burnt even though I had all the charcoal lit. But I would agree it would be risky to do direct fire on a regular kettle.

Back