NLA 40968012 Grease Pan for Genesis x000 Grills: Potential Reproduction Stainless Steel Option

NLA 40968012 Grease Pan: What is everyone's budget for a stainless reproduction?

• $75 to $100 USD plus shipping

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • I'm cheap: $55 USD or less plus shipping

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • $100-$150 USD plus shipping, Its worth it for stainless!

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Yes I would commit to buy

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No I would not commit to buy

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Quli has one for 300 series front control and I've personally shown these fit on x000 cook boxes, however the drip catch pan is offset to the right.

QuliMetal Grease Tray with Catch Pan for Weber Genesis 300 Series Gas Grills with Front Control Knob (2011-2016), Genesis E310, Genesis E320 Drip Pans Replace Weber #62757 Genesis Grease Tray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C9MDZ357?tag=tvwb-20
OK, this is getting interesting. Not that I doubt you Dan but, are you sure about the fit on x000 Genesis? I’m just double checking.

Well, I can confirm that Genesis E3xx front control grease pan DOES INDEED fit the Genesis 1000. Whether you like the drain to be on the left vs middle, is up to you. I think some might like having it off to the side and out of the way. It fits side to side and front to back and if someone told me that Weber designed these to be used on a Genesis 1000, I would totally believe them.

In my video, it looks like I am putting it on a Silver B cook box. But that is my Genesis SS Platinum Franken Grill with a Deep box, 13 bar cook box from a Genesis 1000.

It is P/N 99250, fits the smaller single row box. Clearly a mistake.
I wonder what newer tray will fit a XX, XXI and Junior?
I was hoping the one for the smaller Spirit II would work, but I measured and unfortunately it is not quite right. Those old Jr. ones are really going to be hard to replace in the coming years.

So it was almost 70° degrees here today and I decided it was a good time to finish cleaning out my grill. I cleaned the stainless steel grates up a week or so ago when it was warm enough to do it. I took the flavorizer bars out and scraped them off, fine. Next I pulled out the grease tray and started scraping all the crap into the little grease tray to dump out where it should have ended. I then decided that I wanted to see what kind of condition my big grease tray was in. Of course I ran out of daylight and brought it into the garage to spend way too much time on it. Considering it's from a 1997 grill and lived it's life in the Midwest it was good and bad news. The good news was that there aren't any holes in it yet. The bad news is the outside of it has quite a bit of pitting in it and it's only a matter of a few more years at best before the holes start appearing in it. Let's hope once again that an aftermarket replacement becomes available soon.IMG_20240226_202412899.jpgIMG_20240226_202450805.jpgIMG_20240226_202443045.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and of course the little one that's easily replaced is still like new after 26 years and I have two brand new ones in the garage because only the bracket for it rots out.IMG_20240226_203633492.jpg

That is a grade A- pan for a Genesis 1000. That thing will be serviceable for at least 5-10 more years. Just remember, it just has to work. It doesn't have to look pretty. No one sees it anyway.
I've seen a lot worse ones as well so I hope you're right about it being good for several more years. I knew it wasn't going to look like new when I cleaned it up. I really just wanted to see it's true condition minus the grease coating.

Every time I cook on one of my three early Gens with double rows of flavorizer bars I get thinking about why have the drip pans on these models gone out of production early compared to later models. And, I think that I have answered my question in advance, they lasted longer than the newer ones because the extra row of flavorizers served to keep it cleaner....
Flavorizer bars were put in originally to protect the burners below from dripping grease, but the more grease that burns on flavorizers the less there is to land on the pan.....

That is a valid theory IMO. However, I just think it has to do with more and more of them winding up in the scrap heap and less and less people wanting/needing replacement grease pans.

That is a valid theory IMO. However, I just think it has to do with more and more of them winding up in the scrap heap and less and less people wanting/needing replacement grease pans.
Both good theories. Bruce, how many early Silver B grills have you come across with totally rotted out drip trays? I think that Weber stopped making drip trays for the Genesis 1000 grills years ago and were just selling what they had left in stock till they ran out. I think it's probably the same situation on the Silver B, they just haven't run out yet.

Steve. I would say that close to half the Silver B series of grills that I am getting these days have marginal to trashed pans on them.

I agree, unless an aftermarket outfit picks up making them, they will end selling them pretty soon. Unless an aftermarket outfit picks up production, then they will follow the Genesis 1000 pans into oblivion as well.

Steve. I would say that close to half the Silver B series of grills that I am getting these days have marginal to trashed pans on them.

I agree, unless an aftermarket outfit picks up making them, they will end selling them pretty soon. Unless an aftermarket outfit picks up production, then they will follow the Genesis 1000 pans into oblivion as well.
Don’t forget…they’re already available in aftermarket with options for both Silver A (99251) and Silver B (99250) models. Maybe not the greatest price point, but they do include a bracket and catch pan as part of the deal.

IMG_0590.jpeg

Don’t forget…they’re already available in aftermarket with options for both Silver A (99251) and Silver B (99250) models. Maybe not the greatest price point, but they do include a bracket and catch pan as part of the deal.

View attachment 88829
No, that's not a bad deal. An aftermarket catch pan and bracket is over $20 by itself. I would obviously like to see one for the Genesis 1000 as well. I would buy one immediately.

Back