Newbie with an old Genesis--learning to refurb!

One thing could be the thrashed flavorizer bars. get new ones, 16 gauge and it should even things out.
Okay. I was going to make one order, but I can't honestly tell whether all my igniters (at the burner point) work or not. So I'm going to just place an order for grates, flavorizer bars, and anything else y'all think is immediately pressing. I'll put it back together and test it, and see what else is needed.

Okay I'm really on the fence about ordering new igniters anyhow. I dunno. First, have to make sure I have the right grates. I was confused about that based on all the posts.

Oh oh! Whatdja get?
flavorizer bars and deflectors for another E330 I picked up a week ago. I might return them. They are not as thick as I want.

I started a new thread on on flav bars and deflectors so I can keep track of them and get feedback from others.

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to register the grill, and take advantage of the 10-Year warranty on that model grill.
After all, the warranty is a massive benefit to purchasing a Weber in the first place.

1) Create an account here:
https://www.weber.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Login-Show

View attachment 55322

2) Click on 'Register New Grill'

View attachment 55317

3) Find your grill's Serial Number:

https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/serialnumbers.aspx

I think yours is this though:

View attachment 55321

View attachment 55324

4) Enter your info. Be sure to enter the year as within 9 years to ensure you don't get slapped with the 10 year limit.

View attachment 55319

5) Call Weber Customer Support

1-800-446-1071, 7 days a week, 7am-8pm CT

6) Dial the buttons which correspond to submitting a Warranty Claim.

Wait on the line to speak with a representative. Provide the information for the parts you need replaced, i.e. - Grates, Flavorizer Bars, Heat Deflectors, Burners, Warming Rack, including the rusted floor, etc.
They'll email you while on the phone and you can email them back pictures of your damaged parts.
They'll send you replacements.

If any parts are denied that you really think should not be denied, just call back another time and speak to someone else.

Optionally, use the Weber Schematics lookup to help reference specific parts you need replaced while on the phone:

https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/

View attachment 55325

Enjoy your "new" grill.
I just registered this grill, thanks to your excellent post! *bows low*

I am astonished to see that there is a 25 YEAR warranty on the "porcelain enameled shroud" whatever that is. Since they give that warranty, I will assume mine is fine, whatever it is. :ROFLMAO:

Porcelain enameled shroud= lid
Gotcha. They accepted my 12-23-2012 purchase date, so hopefully, if my burners are not working properly, that will work for me. After getting into the guts under the front panel, I see that those burners are not simple devices.

When I bought mine here, they noticed there was a tiny scratch on the lid and insisted that another one would be sent to me. The Smith family has 4 or 5 ACE stores near me, they are fantastic! I’ve had two Performer tables replaced with the new style free of charge directly from Weber too! Their customer service has been amazing.

Last edited:
For your igniters, make sure there is no corrosion in the battery socket and instal a good battery. It is more likely the electronic module but it could be that the burners are rusted badly and the spark will not jump across through the rust. Happens to the igniter in my RV fridge. Sand the burner to shiny metal under each igniter and make sure the holes in the burners under each igniter are clear.
Just catching this part about "sand the burner to shiny metal under each igniter."

There has been a LOT of advice in this thread. I'm playing ketchup.

Will look at this asap. Thank you.

Just catching this part about "sand the burner to shiny metal under each igniter."

There has been a LOT of advice in this thread. I'm playing ketchup.

Will look at this asap. Thank you.
If the igniter it not clicking, sanding won't help.

Okay based on what I've got, this is the suggestions I have:

Bruce recommends:
Grates: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07VY93WND/tvwb-20 145.00

These appear to be the only grates suggested that I'm CERTAIN will fit my grill. Am I wrong?

~~

Dan recommends:

Flavorizer bars: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3W0UZU/?tag=tvwb-20 25.99

And bottom plates: 17 gauge, as he cannot find 16 gauge.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QNGLWRJ/?tag=tvwb-20 25.99

So a total of 52.00 for both, the thickest steel he is aware of.

~~
Joe recommends these at a really friendly price:

Flavorizer bars AND bottom plates—at a good price About 43.00

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PQ9Q1XQ/?tag=tvwb-20 Maybe not as thick as they could be. I could not find a thickness in the description.

Joe also linked to these grates, but it looks like they may not fit my Weber: ???? There was a lot of back and forth, and I am not certain, but do not see my grill listed for these grates.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0822B667P/?tag=tvwb-20

If I'm not ordering igniters, do I have this right? Please forgive my brain fog. Had covid last month, and still not as sharp as I would be. Making sure I have this correct. If anyone else has suggestions, I'm open. Will likely order late tonight. Looks like a week to get here, which means a week without my Weber. *hangs head*

AS an aside...looking through Amazon...

It is interesting how many vendors do NOT list the gauge of the stainless steel they are selling. "Heavy Duty Stainless Steel" is what most of them say. I would have fallen for that, had it not been for this forum, and specifically Dan.

So to all of you...thank you for what I have learned so far. I have a long way to go.

The GasSaf Flav bars are thin. I can't recommend for a keeper grill. I started a comparison thread.
I was leaning toward the two you recommended, simply because we know the gauge of steel.

Yes it is $8 more or so for the heavier gauge steel (or at least, steel of a gauge that we know.) In the long run I think that will be worth the few dollars.

ETA: I have been at the point (and hope not to be again, but this economy makes me wonder) where that $8 would be a deal breaker. Right now I can afford the difference, and am grateful.

The grates you linked last will not fit, those are for the older grills and the spirit Exxx grills. the first grates you linked would work, you could get the 7mm grates to cut the cost down to $85. I have 7mm grates in my grill and am happy with them, i know the thicker 9mm grates are desired, and those are what I would get if I had that style grill, but they used to be abour $90. so the Price has climbed significantly

The grates you linked last will not fit, those are for the older grills and the spirit Exxx grills. the first grates you linked would work, you could get the 7mm grates to cut the cost down to $85. I have 7mm grates in my grill and am happy with them, i know the thicker 9mm grates are desired, and those are what I would get if I had that style grill, but they used to be abour $90. so the Price has climbed significantly
I ordered the ones for $145. I hope they fit. I did measure my grates, but...I wish I could show you....they are all over the place. They look a little bent. It is very difficult to tell the exact size, but it is not far off the measurements for those grates I ordered. I suppose if I made a mistake, I can return them (I would hope.)

ETA: Because these were my cooking surface, I wanted the best I knew I could get, if I could afford them. These are a stretch for me, but I'd rather love those, since I cook 4-5 nights per week on them.

I ordered the ones for $145. I hope they fit. I did measure my grates, but...I wish I could show you....they are all over the place. They look a little bent. It is very difficult to tell the exact size, but it is not far off the measurements for those grates I ordered. I suppose if I made a mistake, I can return them (I would hope.)

ETA: Because these were my cooking surface, I wanted the best I knew I could get, if I could afford them. These are a stretch for me, but I'd rather love those, since I cook 4-5 nights per week on them.
If they are 19.5 inch they are the correct ones.

9mm grates are grate, I mean GREAT.

If they are 19.5 inch they are the correct ones.

9mm grates are grate, I mean GREAT.
I'm hoping these last a long time. I will need to learn to season them. Seasoning stainless steel is not something I've ever done. And it can stick really bad.

Back