New WSM 18 owner

Matt Galletti

Not sure if I should start a new thread, but anyway, here is the wings I made yesterday. Got the wings and really all the meat for today at a true meat shop. They were nice and big. This rub is Hanks Spicy Rub, based out of Sea Isle City, NJ, and got a nice picture before the sauce. Really loved the color here and had one before sauce (naked) and they were excellent!

Attachments

• ED7A4BFA-5D29-4686-B8FF-BE28DEB5134B.jpeg
    ED7A4BFA-5D29-4686-B8FF-BE28DEB5134B.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 9

DennisT

TVWBB Member
Hi all- introducing myself. Based outside of Philly, I just picked up a used 18” WSM a week ago and am planning my first cook tomorrow. I will be using the basic ribs recipe and am pretty excited. I have never used a smoker before, but have done the oven to grill many times, so at least the rib prep will be somewhat consistent. I have been wanting a WSM for months, read a ton, and look forward to sharing the results. Happy holidays, everyone.
Welcome Matt - I'm located in NJ 30 minutes outside Philly

JBaker

TVWBB Super Fan
The WSM is not just a smoker. Marinate some Roadside Chicken and grill over the open coals on the grill. Lots of basting, lots of smoke, lots of flavor smells coming off the grill.

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
I bought my 18 WSM in 2002 and still using it today. One of the better overlooked smokers made. I'm sure your cook will go well.
I have the same WSM which I bought new in the year 2008. Question, have you sinced replaced the WSM Dampers on the top and bottom?

Lynn Dollar

TVWBB Emerald Member
I have the same WSM which I bought new in the year 2008. Question, have you sinced replaced the WSM Dampers on the top and bottom?

No, I've not had any problems. I do have one bottom damper that's a little loose, but not to the point it won't function.