New Weber pellet grills for 2020

That is like having a set of keys to a new car, but having to wait on the car for three more weeks.

That is like having a set of keys to a new car, but having to wait on the car for three more weeks.

You are correct - I just bought my grill cover yesterday and just sitting here staring at box and can't wait until the EX4 gets released. Funny part is, I think they was not supposed to sell the grill covers yet, but oh well I made sure I grabbed mine before they get sold out. I can't even find the grill covers anywhere being sold right now - all of them seem to be pre-orders. So maybe this is a good sign.

2020-01-19.jpg

2020-01-19.jpg

You are correct - I just bought my grill cover yesterday and just sitting here staring at box and can't wait until the EX4 gets released. Funny part is, I think they was not supposed to sell the grill covers yet, but oh well I made sure I grabbed mine before they get sold out. I can't even find the grill covers anywhere being sold right now - all of them seem to be pre-orders. So maybe this is a good sign.

I am hoping someone comes out with a non-Weber cover that is reasonably priced. I think the EX6 cover was $90.

Damn I was excited when my drip pans showed up!!
I’m swinging by Lowe’s tomorrow!
Let’s do this Weber!!
Be amazing if I had it for the Super Bowl, GO NINERS, I’d do a KC style BBQ just to mess with em!

EX6 vs EX4??

New member, longtime user of TVWBB - really appreciate all of the great info here. Weber fan with a Genesis Gold B, 22" WSM, and an EX6 on order from Amazon. Big fan of the WSM which replaced my offset smoker and over time I added on a Pitmaster IQ110 and Thermoworks Smoke to make it as set and forget as possible for overnight cooks. This combo works great for me even though it looks like a science project :). Looking forward to seeing some real world reviews of the Smokefire. Curious to see how the two sizes compare in terms of smoke performance, temperature distribution and pellet usage, and looking forward to my first Smokefired brisket hopefully really close to the February 10th Amazon release date.

IMG_4260.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aja3gcs4p9u2yuu/IMG_4260.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
Eugene, that thing kind of looks like a black R2D2 from Starwars.

Welcome to the board. We are all looking forward to your review of the EX6 once you get it and use it.

LOL, Yah, I was at my GM dealer today and picked up some cool floor mats for the 2025 Silverado Pickup that am planning on buying. Can't wait for them to hit the showroom floors.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Yah, but I just hope that if I buy aftermarket ones for the truck, it will tide me over for the next 5 years. ;)

Looks like if you ordered directly from Weber you are getting an email today about shipment within the next week.

Does anyone know if the temperature controller will be programmable. Say, I want to set it to 200F for 3 hours and then have it adjust to 250F for the remainder of the cook. Do this automatically based on time or internal food temperature vs manual in the app?

Does anyone know if the temperature controller will be programmable. Say, I want to set it to 200F for 3 hours and then have it adjust to 250F for the remainder of the cook. Do this automatically based on time or internal food temperature vs manual in the app?

Exactly the stuff I want to know as well, however an answer on Amazon from Weber states you wont be able to adjust temperature from the app upon initial roll out. That bothered me.

Hopefully they figure it out. My desire is to go high smoke in the begging because there is a point in a cook where the meat won’t absorb any more smoke or contribute to the formation of extra bark 😀

Back