New Weber Griddle

The griddle and flat top ideas are a good ones, I think. Blackstone gets a lot of attention in the big box stores, so having competing products has to help.

Great to see a Weber griddle. Very interested in possible updates to the Smokefire, if any.

Also good to see they are making separate griddles to go on your existing weber gas grill. I bought a camp chef griddle several years ago and use that on my genesis more than I use the genesis as a traditional grill.

Meh.
I really didn’t see anything in the release that impressed me, spend the money on quality control of the things that they do and stop fooling around with spatulas! Make grills, don’t stamp the name on crappy chinesium tools!
End rant.

SmokeFire Sear+ Wood Pellet Grill looks interesting. Wonder if they fixed all the issues in previous models.

Although I am very interested in the griddle insert for my Genesis II

Very excited about the releases. Lumin looks killer (probably will pick up two) and the griddle is 100% happening.

Nice job Weber!👏👏

Yep, unfortunately. Just like with pellet grills. Late can be overcome by better. In this case the jury is out. I don't see anything based on the limited pictures that would make me think this one will blow away Blackstone, but let's see more. The SmokeFIre DID blow away it's middle of the road competition in performance, but the nagging issues (and some unfair reviews) have really hurt sales.

Back