New twist on ABTs

RogerS

TVWBB All-Star
Ignore the pot of Chili..also need a camera instead of the iphone5, sorry for the crappy photos...maybe a Sony NEX in the future. The players. I has some PP leftover from a summer cook
49B662EB-2047-44AD-B350-857B5FD64D9A_zpsx2p0nwjq.jpg
Then mixed together getting happy
BF30F063-08D9-47FB-A55E-3C877D30B12E_zpsm8z59cln.jpg
Put on Won Ton another on top like a Ravioli
8F4DBC9F-C0E6-46C6-89FD-1578EBDEFD9C_zpsirbgfqqa.jpg

48645C73-3866-45FF-B24C-9C4C30D8C9BA_zpswdamw3yr.jpg

Then I brushed EVOO on and sprinkled my homemade rub on top and cooked indirect for around 20 minutes
EB1EC1BE-D719-4875-9666-A17D709534CE_zpsykoejbzl.jpg
Plated up. Wife and I loved em'. Crunchy and excellent flavor.
6D968326-D97B-4131-8D1D-BADA0B450B5D_zpsxbrk1vaf.jpg

Roger that has to be one of the greatest idea's ever lol wonton wrapped ABT i would ate everyone of them & came back for more.

Roger. I'm a Texan.... Can't simply ignore the pot of chili. But your did good at distracting me with the originality of those dang wontons, wow Outstanding cook chief, you can bet we're gonna wanna try that.

So, how'd you make your chili?

Don't lift the lid...

Roger that looks great! what a good idea for PP.
How did you get the wonton wrappers to stick together? My wife and i use them for mozzarella sticks on game day and they always leak

wonton wrappers are a very underutilized item....those look great!!

I have stuffed them with pretty much everything and the results are mostly positive, like a little pocket of goodness waiting to escape :)

Roger. I'm a Texan.... Can't simply ignore the pot of chili. But your did good at distracting me with the originality of those dang wontons, wow Outstanding cook chief, you can bet we're gonna wanna try that.

So, how'd you make your chili?

Don't lift the lid...

Jak..we both know a real Chili don't have Beans but this recipe does :). I have a bean less one also I do in the pressure cooker..involves tortilla chips and a bottle of beer. Anyways here is my Chile with Bean recipe. Enjoy the wife and I love it
Rogers' Chili Recipe
1# sausage
1# ground beef
2 cups onion
1 cup green Bell Pepper
2-3 Garlic cloves..I Press mine
Sprinkle on Emerils Essence over top
2-3 tablespoons chili powder
Salt n pepper to taste
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
1 can whole tomatoes
3-4 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 jalapeño
3 cans red beans
I drain all the liquid out of the canned beans. If using canned whole tomatoes break up a little, I substitute diced/crushed sometimes. Drain juice if using whole.
V-8 juice..this is the liquid I add. Use as much of the bottle as you like. I like my chili a little thicker so I use a 1/4-1/2 bottle or so. Sometimes I add a little when doing the leftovers. I think it's a excellent flavor. Drain the cans and USE V8.

wonton wrappers are a very underutilized item....those look great!!

I have stuffed them with pretty much everything and the results are mostly positive, like a little pocket of goodness waiting to escape :)

I agree Jay..this is the first I've made real tortillas this week using Beef instead of ground round. And this is the first using WonTons. I have a idea or two for a dessert using WonTons. I guess I'm branching out :)

RogerS;
How about giving us a recipe on the Won Ton filler? These really look GOOD!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:
sure Robert, it's just my regular ABT recipe..maybe I'll wrap a slice of bacon around WonTon next time

ABTS
About 2lb. fresh Jalapeño
2 8oz blocks cream cheese(room temp)
1C shredded sharp cheddar
1 heaping tblsp dry onion
1tblsp. granulated garlic
1/2 c or more Pulled pork or fine chopped little smokies
1 or 2 tblsp. Honey. (secret ingredient)
bbq rub
2 lb bacon thinner the better

Cut peppers in half lenth wise scoop out seeds and membrain set aside. Set bacon out and let come to room temp. Mix all remaining ingridients except bbq rub throughly. Fill peppers with mixture. Cut bacon in half. Wrap half slice around each pepper. (I do not use tooth picks to hold together. The bacon holds together well if it is at room temp.)Sprinkle with bbq rub. I like to refridgerate overnight. Cook at about 225 - 250 untill bacon is done about 1 hour.

Back