New Stuff from Gary Larson The Far Side

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
There's new stuff from cartoonist Gary Larson of The Far Side fame? Oh my!

Says Larson, "I don’t want to mislead anyone here. This corner of the website—“New Stuff”—is not a resurrection of The Far Side daily cartoons." Still, it should be fun to explore.

I always got a laugh out of his drawings.

Jeff Macnelly (deceased editorial cartoonist) was one of my favorites too.

Happy-Tax-Day.jpg

:ROFLMAO::giggle:Thank you all for sharing the humor! I love Far Side. That tax form is a gut buster too (but filing double-jointed)

To All Forum Members,

Today I received a Notice of Copyright Infringement from FarWorks, Inc., the company that owns and administers the rights to Gary Larson's Far Side cartoons, asking me to remove all Far Side cartoons from this message thread.

Please do not post Far Side cartoons in this thread in the future.

Thanks,
Chris

To All Forum Members,

Today I received a Notice of Copyright Infringement from FarWorks, Inc., the company that owns and administers the rights to Gary Larson's Far Side cartoons, asking me to remove all Far Side cartoons from this message thread.

Please do not post Far Side cartoons in this thread in the future.

Thanks,
Chris
Funny they jump on a little non corporate guy but they're all over social media by anyone who wants to put them up. Done with them. Will not buy anything more they sell. Thanks for the heads up

Funny they jump on a little non corporate guy but they're all over social media by anyone who wants to put them up. Done with them. Will not buy anything more they sell. Thanks for the heads up
Well, wait a minute. Don't make it personal, because I seriously doubt that it is. The detections are going to be largely automated, and the takedowns (@Chris Allingham , DMCA?) will be rather easier here because the site master gets a single notice with a lot of incidences. In the case of [anti]social media...... it'll be a notice for every detection. And rather frankly, the social media giants get so many of these notices that are completely false, unjustified, etc., it's not a fully automated takedown. The copyright owners really do have to protect their intellectual property. The House of Mouse is particularly diligent about this. People have also figured out how to weaponize that with replies to posts of "I want that on a T-Shirt" relying on unscrupulous vendors, resulting in a takedown notice.

The [relatively new] digital realm is causing a huge upheaval in intellectual property rights, copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents, and more. Regretfully, the ability to create a completely faithful digital copy of the original doesn't confer rights of ownership, and this is just not well understood, well regarded, etc.

I do take it personal. All of this stuff is so far out of hand. I could go deeper here but avoiding it because it borders on "political" ang I get it. I don't want to go there. But ain't gonna buy another thing (calendar, placemat what have you from that corp.)

Back