New stove recommendations?

We've been a bit spoiled, our laundry is behind a closed door in a mechanical room. We thought it was fairly obvious with our LG front loaders that the door would have to remain open when not in use. Yes, that could be an issue if you don't have them behind a closed door with kids or pets. Like @LMichaels we use softened water. It does pay to watch closely what detergent you use. We'd been using Costco's house brand HE detergent, and discovered that it still had some non-solubles that caused minor leaks somewhere. Switching to a name branded detergent has completely eliminated that issue. We also use far less detergent than you'd expect, but being a couple of professionals, our cleaning requirements are a good deal lighter than say a mechanic.

Leaving the door ajar really aint no big deal, is it? It bumps on the latch anyway and takes a little pressure to close fully

This has been a good discussion! Definitely gives us some things to think about. We're probably looking to spend about $1000 or so. An induction stovetop would be nice though sounds like there's a learning curve associated with those. Some of our cookware would be compatible, and some not so there is that.

Not sure if the appliance store here in town even carries the induction models. A good glasstop electric model won't be an issue, though. We've bought several appliances from them and their CS is great.

We'll be visiting them late next month and that way if they have to order the model we want, we'll have a new stove/oven in time for the start of the holidays 😆

FYI a Kenmore appliance can be made by a lot of different manufacture's . I would love a induction stove but will never give up my cast iron . Sears never made a appliance or shoes socks or any other item, they put their name on items they are told are quality . Sometimes they give a better warranty .

I would love a induction stove but will never give up my cast iron
Ummmm....... unless I'm thoroughly mistaken, cast iron should work very well on an induction hob. It's magnetic, and should couple very well.

I have an countertop induction hob. Might just have to reprove this to myself tomorrow with a cast iron griddle.

With a Glass top and it would work well, scratches and a miss lick can cost you a lot of $$, I haven't seen any of the glass top ranges that say it's ok to use cast iron , I am a repair tec and have seen what happens . I also only own Fords so what do I know lmao A heavy pan can cause same problem but the more weight you are dealing with the higher the risk

I have an countertop induction hob. Might just have to reprove this to myself tomorrow with a cast iron griddle.
Make something good, lol. Or if you aren't cooking you can read on Lodge's site that cast iron works fine on an induction cooker. And induction units state that cast iron is suitable.

I've been using cast iron on our ceramic range since 2007 and on a countertop induction unit since 2018 :)

And here's a Whirlpool article on using cast iron on a glass-top: https://www.whirlpool.com/blog/kitchen/can-you-put-cast-iron-on-glass-cooktop.html

I was still curious, and in the spirit of being as accurate as possible, I looked at my 2007 manual and it does state that cast iron is not recommended.

Back