New Searwood pic.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/wood-pellet/searwood/searwood-xl-600-wood-pellet-grill/1500121.htmlXL size one.

No sign of UK release, looking at the pictures no signs of it have Crafted Grates and frame insert (probably to keep costs down) but the crafted accesories work on my Gen 1 Smokefire, hopefully still compatible with the new one if I decide to upgrade, as already have the frame and SS grates.

Rotisserie looks a nice attachment though from the older models, no sign of it on Weber site, the Spirit 300 rotisserie would fit the old EX4 and Genesis 300 would fir the EX6 length wise if it had the fittings whether those are the compatible ones, or a new one for the Searwood is to be released can't see at the moment?

IDK how they get so called "direct flame" grilling, but it looks internally to be about exactly what I predicted. It looks pretty much like any conventional pellet grill to me except the grease tray looks smaller and with openings stamped into it. More like a giant flavorizer bar. Earth shattering? Nah, but it looks like it might just work and be easier to maintain and produce. Though imo the lack of 4 casters and using just 2 wagon wheels, and feet on the other end is an awfully "cheapskate" move. Really sort of "beneath" them (Weber)

The specs say Weber Crafted grates.

US $899 and $1,199
Seen it under Specifications now, no mention of the Crafted Frame for the crafted inserts to fit, so an extra cost there possibly if it doesn't, before you can use the inserts anyway (the frame was supplied with my Genesis when I bought it) so maybe with this but not shown in pictures or description, that I can see.. Although had to buy the frame and grates for my Gen 1 smokefire as the Crafted system wasn't about during release and had to retrofit. Also If you have a GBS set up on your old Smokefire you would also need the frame also to use them also.

1500121F1_2_1800x1800.png

The Smokefore Stealth had the Frame and grates supplied with it as below

SF_EPX6_Cooking-Grates-Close-Up_1800x1800.png

Says grates are plated Stainless Steel, only seen full Stainless Steel or Porcelain enamelled options for the Crafted Grates before not plated?

That was a nice 3 minute high level view of the Searwood and Summit. I'm interested in reading your guys' feedback on the Summit in terms of whether or not there were design changes that will improve the longevity concerns you have noted in the past.

Seen it under Specifications now, no mention of the Crafted Frame for the crafted inserts to fit, so an extra cost there possibly if it doesn't, before you can use the inserts anyway (the frame was supplied with my Genesis when I bought it) so maybe with this but not shown in pictures or description, that I can see.. Although had to buy the frame and grates for my Gen 1 smokefire as the Crafted system wasn't about during release and had to retrofit. Also If you have a GBS set up on your old Smokefire you would also need the frame also to use them also.

1500121F1_2_1800x1800.png

The Smokefore Stealth had the Frame and grates supplied with it as below

SF_EPX6_Cooking-Grates-Close-Up_1800x1800.png

Says grates are plated Stainless Steel, only seen full Stainless Steel or Porcelain enamelled options for the Crafted Grates before not plated?
Just wait. They will come out with a Crafted Searwood at a higher price point….

Seems Weber are selling the Searwood, Smoke Fire Sear+, the Stealth and the original Smoke Fire alongside each other, are they hedging their bets. I thought the original was going to go.

We in the UK can't get the Sear +, so I don't see the Searwood being sold here. Think I might be looking around at other manufacturers.

Seems Weber are selling the Searwood, Smoke Fire Sear+, the Stealth and the original Smoke Fire alongside each other, are they hedging their bets. I thought the original was going to go.

We in the UK can't get the Sear +, so I don't see the Searwood being sold here. Think I might be looking around at other manufacturers.
According to the engadget article:

"The Searwood is an all-new smart pellet grill that will replace the SmokeFire in North America."

I suspect you will get it over there don't see them not going all in on the new design, no reason to keep the others around would make no sense to me.

Looks like they gave back the lost grill grate area from the summit smoker box by making the smoker box removable. And the cookbox appears to be a revised model and shape. Jury’s out on cookbox materials and longevity is unknown.

1704820682409.jpeg

Did you notice the cast aluminum body on the new Searwood? One other encouraging thing is that the simpler single "flavorizer bar" eliminates the complex holder for the multiple bars. I understand that component showed weakness. I definitely like the slide out tray cleaning arrangement that I would think should eliminate a lot of grease fires as long as you clean it regularly. It will be messy to clean that, but it should be easier than cleaning my top grease tray and then still having to vacuum the barrel on my Recteq.

The new Summit looks like the current Genesis on steroids, much as the 2nd Generation Summit looked like the Genesis of that era. I like the top-down sear burner. I would pass on the e-gizmo electronic display, but at least Weber gives you that choice. Also, I am glad you can still get it in black. The bad news is that I see a LOT of painted steel, closed in cabinetry:(.

EDIT: So is the firebox on the new Summit all cast aluminum now?

Back