New Searwood pic.

Is that a one piece giant tent like flavorizer bar over the burn pot? Trying to make sense of the gasser like grease tray in previous post!! It will have to remain different so it stands out, i hope it works well whatever the design

Is that a one piece giant tent like flavorizer bar over the burn pot? Trying to make sense of the gasser like grease tray in previous post!! It will have to remain different so it stands out, i hope it works well whatever the design
Yep. That was what I described before this photo. It was how I imagined them doing this. But, I have to say looking at that photo, unless I am "reading" it wrong. The construction looks just a little "Cheesy" but will reserve final thought until seeing better photos and more writeup

So is a single large angled “flavorizer” bar that different from a flat tray? There is space on either side of those as well.
Jon, IF the flavorizer bar is the same width as as the large Smokefire flavorizer bar then it's only covering about 1/3 of the depth of the cooking grates. The drip pan on my Camp Chef covered about 80% of the grates. I don't know, positively, if that makes a difference or not but it would provide more space for airflow. I just know I would love to see one of the new pellet grills.

View attachment 84534
Weber Searwood Pellet Grill Open Cook Chamber

If this is an actual photo of what is to come, so far I like what I’m seeing. Look at the top rack. Notice anything? No rails for the rack to slide back and forth. The lid appears to open wider to give more access to that top grate. No rails means less grease build up, which means less chance of accidental grease fires. I still have no idea what I’m looking at inside the cooker.

That's a little more revealing. Soon we will know it all, but looks like the horizontal single flavorizer bar has slots - except in the middle where the firepot is - to allow more smoke flow. Then the wide flavorizer bar directs the greases to either side where it would then flow down to the Genesis-style large removable grease tray. Not sure how it keeps the grease separated from the ash. I am sure they have some method.

In answer to the earlier question about using foil drip pans, I think you are looking at putting those on the bottom grate and cooking on the top grate.

No real worry about grease fires per se' on my 2, but I have started using a drip pan under my cooks (at least now in the winter) just to make cleaning much easier since then all I need to do is clean the drip pan or throw it away if I am using a disposable. Makes cleanup a lot easier as then all I do is clean my temp sensor, and give the insides a quick vacuum. Done in like 5 to 10 minutes

Back