New Searwood pic.

Is it only me, or does the picture of the SearFire look like a much smaller barrel shape? Looking at Greg Ross-MN's great looking EX4, there looks to be much more head-room for the 2 shelves in the EX4. For things like cooking a turkey whole, headroom is at a premium.

I have a hard time comparing as I don't have a SmokeFire, but I do have a Genesis E335 Gas Grill that I smoke on as best I can.

Is it only me, or does the picture of the SearFire look like a much smaller barrel shape? Looking at Greg Ross-MN's great looking EX4, there looks to be much more head-room for the 2 shelves in the EX4. For things like cooking a turkey whole, headroom is at a premium.

I have a hard time comparing as I don't have a SmokeFire, but I do have a Genesis E335 Gas Grill that I smoke on as best I can.
It's high time you take a pellet grill plunge. :D

SmokeFire is definitely fading away when present stock is exhausted. In fact, there will be a whole field if new grills appearing; I can't remember when Weber had so much coming out in one season--new Summits, Genesis, Mercury (griddles), Searwood. Plus new griddle accessories beginning to trickle out and a new Q and compact Traveler.

SmokeFire is definitely fading away when present stock is exhausted. In fact, there will be a whole field if new grills appearing; I can't remember when Weber had so much coming out in one season--new Summits, Genesis, Mercury (griddles), Searwood. Plus new griddle accessories beginning to trickle out and a new Q and compact Traveler.
Sure but I assume they will continue to have parts on hand for some time.

It's high time you take a pellet grill plunge. :D
Plan to do that. Have very limited room. Like the gas convenience so was thinking of a Camp Chef Apex. They are out of stock with no hints of a new model. Looked at Smokefire, liked what I saw, but Apex looked better. Re-looking at Weber and new searfire. We will see what spring brings.

Not necessarily. They left me in the lurch with my Summit while it was under warranty. So don't bet your last $$$ they will support your grill throughout the warranty period. I learned the hard way
Oh yeah? I have the exact opposite experience. They replaced a number of things that were out of warranty like the gas assist on my Summit Charcoal.

Oh yeah? I have the exact opposite experience. They replaced a number of things that were out of warranty like the gas assist on my Summit Charcoal.
Wasn't they "refused" the warranty, they said they could not supply the warranty parts because they did not make or stock them any more even though they KNEW they had products out there like mine who's owners were told the parts were covered under warranty. Their remedy? They sent me a coupon for 25% off a new Genesis or Summit ONLY good if I ordered through their web site link in the email. Which linked to a page with the grills I could order but the prices were MORE than the difference of the coupon HIGHER. IOW, if I ordered say a new Genesis 4 burner grill (as close as a product would be to my Summit 450), I would have paid 25% MORE than if I just went to a store and bought one and brought it home (even with the coupon).
So, I guess your good fortune would have been paid on my back :D

Mercury griddles? Tell me more…

Weber Searwood 600 XL 36" Wood Pellet Grill #1500121

photo_2023-12-26_11-48-02.jpg.a8528bd3743128f2282d5f77e496fbe5.jpgphoto_2023-12-26_11-14-40.jpg.106572ed67d36a1e0d27d9c16b9c5bba.jpg

• Dual grilling space, main cooking area = 972 sq in
• Bottom grate 630 sq in, Top grate 342 sq in
• Smoke and Sear like a professional with a broad 180F - 600F temperature range
• SmokeBoost. setting (180F-200F) brings effortless smoky flavor to your low ‘n slow cooks
• Achieve the perfect sear with a 600F max temp across the entire cook surface and Weber’s proprietary DirectFlameTM grilling system
• Modern technology featuring a large Digital LCD Controller improves accuracy and convenience to all of your cooks
• Weber’s advanced Rapid React PIDTM heats the grill quickly at start-up and recovers quickly after lid openings
• WEBER CONNECT smart grilling technology:
• Step-by-step grilling assistance
• Flip & serve notifications
• Remote Grill Control and Monitoring
• Remote Grill Shut Down
• Diagnostic Alerts
• Plated steel cooking grates
• Porcelain-enameled lid
• Heavy-duty steel cart frame
• Includes one meat probe, two probe capacity
• Stainless steel FLAVORIZER bars
• High capacity hopper
• Low Fuel Sensor
• Two large wheels

The Searwood retails for $1,097.62, while the Searwood XL is $1,404.62

Check out too what appears to be cutouts on the lid for a rotisserie option. The pricing sure shows it will likely displace the SmokeFire as well.
Good eyes on the cutout! Now, will that be available in our Region, lol?

I'm intrigued by the DirectFlame TM.

Back