ElliottP

Hello. My name is Elliott. I just picked up what I believe to be a Genesis 2000 grill for free from a neighbor. It is in relatively good shape. I have become borderline obsessed with researching weber restoration projects since I stumbled across this forum. I am very excited to get started. Can anyone confirm this is a Genesis 2000?

Attachments

• W1.jpg
    W1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 54
  • W2.jpg
    W2.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 55
  • W3.jpg
    W3.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 54
Welcome Elliot,

It sure looks like a Genesis 2000, and at a great price.

The sticker underneath lists "L3" which is Genesis 2 or I think 2000

here is a good thread to checkout that might help solve the mystery.

Hello. My name is Elliott. I just picked up what I believe to be a Genesis 2000 grill for free from a neighbor. It is in relatively good shape. I have become borderline obsessed with researching weber restoration projects since I stumbled across this forum. I am very excited to get started. Can anyone confirm this is a Genesis 2000?
No one here is borderline obsessed, we are merely just obsessed.
It didn’t take long for that to happen to me, and all I wanted to do was to learn how to fix a rusted leg on our spirit 700…….
I love this site!😇
Welcome!

Welcome Elliot, the info visible on the sticker under the control panel pegs it as a Genesis 2, which is older than the Genesis 2000. You don't see too many with that particular lid. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like the slats in the work tables may be the plastic durawood instead of real wood?

That’s a great find! Ask if they have the pull
Up shelf kicking around anywhere. Keep us posted on the progress. I love that color combo

welcome Elliot obsessed is our middle name here. we love old Weber's being kept in service, they are the classic cars of cooking.
can not wait to see your first cook on the grill.

Welcome Elliot, the info visible on the sticker under the control panel pegs it as a Genesis 2, which is older than the Genesis 2000. You don't see too many with that particular lid. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like the slats in the work tables may be the plastic durawood instead of real wood?
Correct but I am going to replace them with wood

That grill came with real wood originally so that is a good move on your part in my opinion. If you need a new period correct handle let me know as I can supply you with one. As it turns out, those early Genesis grills had cedar furniture, but you can use your own creative license to make whatever you want of it. Good luck and don't be shy about posting your progress or asking questions.

Welcome. That looks like a great grill to restore - it has an interesting vibe with the racing stripes and the real wood. Very vintage and retrofabulous.

Back