New member with new kettle

JessicaB

TVWBB Member
I've had an offset smoker/grill combo for years that seemed to serve me well but after looking into dedicated smokers, I learned the cause of my excessive coal use due to the smoker having a terrible seal. I ditched the offset and for now picked up a new to me OTG. Hoping it will tie me over until I get a WSM.

Welcome. To the forum, I just picked up a new kettle too and am getting use to the various charcoal tricks. Lots of help here, you'll do fine

Bob is correct. I did everything but a 16 lb brisket on my kettle but it wasn't because of the kettle. I think the Weber kettle is the most versatile and controllable piece of equipment out there under a hundred bucks.

Welcome and enjoy your new kettle.

I ditched the offset and for now picked up a new to me OTG. Hoping it will tie me over until I get a WSM.
you're a SMART woman JessicaB!
you're on you're way to outstanding smokin' and grillin'!
Great move ditchin' that ol' beat to heck offset!

I did my first cook on it tonight and I'm absolutely in love with this thing! I discounted it for so long because it seemed so basic, I was wrong. This is awesome and with the help here, I managed to eat a wonderful dinner free of stress that I would have from my offset. That thing loved burning chicken. I am super full but all I can think about is hitting up those leftovers! I actually don't think I've been this excited about something that I cooked a very long time. Thanks for all the welcomes.

Ahh, that's a good feeling, being full of good food that you cooked. pretty soon you will be scouring the recipes on this site to see all the variations on chicken, beef, pork, and fish that everyone does. Every meal can be a new experience.

Congratulations!

Back