*NEW* Maverick ET-732

Chris, in the bottom right corner of the receiver, is the C/F - START STOP button. That button also turns the audio alarm on and off. After you turn the Maverick on, press the botton once, you will notice the audio alarm symbol (the same symbol that is on the button) will disappear from under the words FOOD and BARBECUE on the receiver. If you press it again, the symbol re-appears on the receiver.
I hope this helps,
Tim

My ET732 came in today. Unfortunately it appears that my box is missing the bbq probe clip.
icon_mad.gif

Update:
They're sending me a new clip, good CS.

I'm a new member with many questions. Just got a WSM-22" and wanted to purchase the Maverick-732 but was told that the crimp in the probe wires wouldn't fit thru the 1/4 eyelets that I just ordered from BBQ-Guru. I ended up ordering the ET-73 which didn't make much sense. Anyone found a solution to the probe wires on the et-732?? thanks in advance.

Originally posted by David P:
I'm a new member with many questions. Just got a WSM-22" and wanted to purchase the Maverick-732 but was told that the crimp in the probe wires wouldn't fit thru the 1/4 eyelets that I just ordered from BBQ-Guru. I ended up ordering the ET-73 which didn't make much sense. Anyone found a solution to the probe wires on the et-732?? thanks in advance.
Read through this thread... oh, and welcome aboard.

I have a new Maverick ET-732 and love this improved version over the old 73's. I previously used the guru eyelets, and quickly found the new probes won't fit thru.
I went to Lowe's Home Improvement, and found a pack of hollow, threaded metal shafts in the lamp repair section. There were several lengths of these shafts in the kit, so I used the shortest one about 1/2 inch long. I also bought a pack on nuts to fit the threaded shaft. Total investment was about $4.
I had to drill a hole to allow the shaft to pass thru the body of the smoker, then put a nut on each side to hold in place. Nice, easy and neat.
This new opening allows both probes of the 732 plus both probes of my guru (4 probes total) to pass thru in a nice neat package.
This is a great project that is only a few dollars and just a few minutes.
When using, I have had no smoke leaks which may be a concern to some. All good.

I did a review of the function of the 732 in another thread here on TVWBB back in Jan/Feb, but after having used it several times now, I just want to say how happy I am with it.

Yesterday I did a large multi-meat cook using my two temp probes (the Maverick and an older non-remote). Both worked fine, but for the Maverick, I just didn't want to bother with the grate (cooker) probe, so left it off. 30 minutes after starting a cold, hard rain began so I pulled the WSM (yes, modified with handles and wheels) under shelter. Within I few more minutes I got tired of the cold, wet draft, dropped the grate probe in the lid vent and waited for it to stabilize. The Maverick grate probe (hanging just a few inches inside) showed the same temp as my lid thermometer. Dropping it down further, it showed about 25* hotter than the lid therm (as expected). Me and my dog, Dante, then went inside to our warm, dry, comfortable couch and read Harry Potter (well, I read, he slept).

A few trips out to remove meat, transfer probes, etc. and six hours later a chicken, a ham loaf, two fatties, and almonds were all done to perfection (most went into the freezer after a small tasting
icon_razz.gif
). Late in the afternoon I added some country style ribs, a bloomin' onion and some potatoes for dinner. All in all a really good cook experience on a miserable rainy day -- thanks in part to the Maverick 732.

And btw, I have probe grommets in my WSM also, but since I added the grate probe after starting, I just took the expedient of dropping it through the vent. Never again! I can't believe that so many people use the vent method -- every time I removed the lid (remember, multiple meats, multiple changes) I had to remove the probe and put it back it -- what a PAIN! I'll just put the probe through the grommets whether I plan to use it or not, thank you. It simplifies everything.

Rich

If it was as simple as that. I'm sitting her, with money ready, and gets this answer:

Type/Item/Price Qty. Send to: Maverick Remote Wireless BBQ Smoker Thermometer High Heat - Maverick ET732 $79.95 - In Stock Condition: New Sold by: SCS Collectibles, Inc We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination.

Amazon UK does not have this unit. There is no way I can buy it, i've looked all over. What a shame.
[rantmode on)
What is wrong with american companies- do they not want to sell their stuff? I'll just have to wait until someone in China makes a copy, and buy it on DealExtreme. /[rantmode off]

Hey Geir, they are made in China
icon_smile.gif
Did you try contacting Maverick Housewares directly? I've had pretty good luck with them.

Maybe send an email and see if they can tell you how to get one in Norway or if they will sell one to you direct and ship or provide a contact in Norway that is selling them. Just a thought. I've actually had pretty good luck dealing with them for parts and things like that.

Maverick Industries

Sounds to me more like Amazon UK is not stocking them themselves and is depending on third party sellers only.

Another thought - you could check with a seller in the U.S. say like BBQ Guru or Fred's to see if you can order there and have it shipped to Norway

ET-732 at BBQ Guru

ET-732 at Fred's

Pretty sure both will ship international.

Anyway - if you really want one I'd pick one up for you if you want and ship it to you.

Different ways to skin a cat as they say
icon_wink.gif

I've really tried, by searching, and trying to order one from several shops in the US as well as Canada. Tried Amazon and ebay. No ET-732. I'll try your links. And thanks for the answer. As a last resort, I'll beg you on my knees to help. Thank you for your answer, and your will to help!

No problem Geir. I've sent some emails to BBQ Guru and to Fred's to confirm if I can order and have an item shipped to Norway. Let me know how you make out, but in the end if you can't get hold of one I'll definitely help you out. Fred's and BBQ Guru are not all that far from me. I can pick one up and ship it to you if it comes to that.

Feel free to send me an email as things develop.

rbenash@verizon.net

Thanks for the help so far. Looks like Fred's is cheapest, but "Norway" is not included on the list of countries. I sent him an e- mail.

BBQ guru wants 32 USD to send me the Maverick, and the total price will be just under 100 USD.
Sorry for hijacking this thread. It was not my plan in the first place.

Let me know what you here back from Fred's re email.

Here's the response I got from an email asking if they would allow me to order and have it shipped to Norway:

"yes, but the shipping might be expensive. Do not order online but please do order by telephone to us 800-677-2882 ask for Toby Williams. "

Here's the response from BBQ Guru - so looks like you have a choice.

"Ray, once you register as a customer on our site, you can have it shipped to anywhere you like by going through the drop downs and choosing the country and location."

I do not think I need help with the order process. I'm quite used to shop goods online, and have done that frequently for several years. The problem with the Maverick has been that I have not been able to find someone who is willing to send it to Norway.
icon_smile.gif

I have not any problems whatsoever with the procedure of registration, and ordering. But then someone must be willing to sell the Maverick to me in the first place.

Now, even more confusion. No answer from Fred, and the webshop does not calculate the postage as it should. I tried the ordering routine, pretending I was living in Denmark, and no shipping was added. Total cost 70 USD..

Why would they have a "choose country"- option if it does not work, and request you by email not to order online?
Not very impressive, I must say.
And I have gotten no answer on my request. Must be because of easter.

My responses are only meant to show you that I can probably order from here and have it sent to you. Not trying to tell you how to order on line, figure you know how to do that
icon_smile.gif

Chuck,

I may be slightly off, but it seems to me the ET-732 probe wires are about 36 inches long. They are the same length as the ones with my old ET-73 model, but the new probe wires are thicker in diameter and seem more substantial.

Just used my ET732 for the first time today. I can't believe I've waited so long to buy it, definitely worth the price and some.

Back