New Grill grates!!! Pimping my weber :)

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
I've been wanting this for a long time, finally, I broke down, and bought these!!!! I found the pizza stone and cast iron grates marked down at my local Lowe's for only $14.99 each, instead of the normal $34.99 price as found everywhere else. I bought the heavy duty grill grates at normal price, they seem very heavy, heavy duty, good quality. I can't wait to start using the pizza stone and the cast iron sear great!!! Any tips on how to use, season the cast iron grates? cleaning, etc? and how to use the pizza stone? Coals underneath? Or lay the lit coals around the edges of the weber? I'm so ready to start using my new grill grates!!!!! :).

New grill grates!!!

Brand new!

Weber pizza stone

Close up.

Cast iron sear grate

Close up.

I have the pizza stone and love it. Lots of fun to build your own pizza and cook it on the Weber. Enjoy

Those look sharp. I've eyed up that set a couple times. Mostly for the heavy duty sear accessory.

The gourmet grate is a good investment. I wish the made the gourmet grate with out the hole in the middle as well. I like those beefier bars.

I have the stone and skillet inserts for my Spirit, but I find I don't use them much. The biggest issue is that it's not a large grill to start with, and the insert is smak dab in the center of the grill. There's just not enough space to cook much else with an insert installed.

I've got the set. I've got the chicken roaster, the sear grate, and the griddle inserts. I got the charcoal holders too so I can stack up the charcoal under the sear grate and get it super hot. I made the best hamburgers I've ever made that way. The griddle works really well with this setup too. I haven't tried the chicken roaster thing yet but it's on the agenda.

On the 22.5 you really don't have that much room along the outside, either but its workable. Your best bet is to have the charcoal holders and move them if you really want a lot of indirect space. Still its enough room to get burgers and steaks, etc off the direct heat. I love it.

Michael like others here, I use the charcoal holders with the cast iron grate. I place them towards the middle in order to get the grate as hot as possible. Good Luck!!!

Thanks for all of your tips! I have those charcoal baskets, I will use that for the sear grate. I have a flat iron steak that is ready to hit the grill!!!!

Back