New Genesis EP310 - the Spirit 330-series came close though

MRob

Hello all,

New grill day is coming this weekend! I purchased a Genesis EP310 (green) from my local hardware store to replace a 12 year old LP Char-broil Patio Caddie. I told myself I'd get rid of that 15" diameter grill when the igniter switch died. Well, it never died and it forced me to justify the Weber purchase using many other reasons (to myself and my family). When my wife asked "can I use the new grill too" I knew I had the buy-in. It will live on my deck year-round here in MN, so I will have to take a little extra care of it. I'm so used to grilling on 187 sq inches, can't imagine what fun I'll have with 500+ sq inches and 3 burners.

FWIW- The Spirit 330-series was a strong contender and not for the side burner or Sear Station. I was impressed by the lid assembly for it. The 330-series lid appeared to have a double-wall for insulation, where the other Spirits have a standard lid assembly. For those still shopping and considering both models, don't overlook the better lid assembly on the 330 because it's not a listed feature of the grill (but could be handy in areas that have 4 seasons).

For me, the decision came down to the fact I don't buy/replace grills often. I went the Genesis route for the stainless steel innards and because the wife kinda gave me free reign to buy what I wanted. I might have overreacted and went the Genesis route, as the Spirit would have treated me well, but I will learn to live with it.

I look forward to monitoring and contributing to the forum. And I thank all of you that have contributed in the past as your insight helped me make an informed purchase. The insight here is much better than a 4-star review on Amazon from a person that just purchased something 2 days prior. The real-world usage and insight here is great.

Welcome to the forum MRob. Everyone here is very helpful and we all love to share. Looking forward to seeing pics of you getting that new grill dirty. Enjoy.

Welcome, and as Bob said this is a very friendly place and don't be shy if you have a question and you will, just ask, there are so many knowledgeable people on here someone will always have an answer for you.
Great choice on the grill you will get many years of excellent performance from it.

Cool. I also just got a EP-310 NG a couple days ago. I had looked at a Spirit, but the Genesis was just higher quality all the way around and not all that much more money. The Spirit likely would have been good enough, but I've yet to read something from a Genesis owner who regretted their purchase- even years down the road.

Bob, Rich, and Phil,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Grill showed up this morning in-tact and ready for lunch. I considered moving the LP tank to the outside of the grill for storage and access (as seen here: http://www.bbqsource-forums.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=9412), but in the end I realized that Weber knew what they were designing, so stuck to the the original layout. I did my initial 'burn off' with high heat and it put a nice patina on all the shiny parts inside. Now, I just need to get it messy :cool:

Back