New Cover

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I know you guys may think I never use a cover (but I do). Finally the old cover I bought from Sears WAY back in the day IIRC in 2004 has just bit the dust. So I needed another cover for the Genesis to keep ice/snow off it. I figured don't want to spend a lot and browsing Amazon I found this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087W8FJ56/?tag=tvwb-20
I have to say for $15 I did not expect much but WOW was I surprised at how good a piece it is! IMO this thing is an outstanding value. Highly recommend it

Ive had good luck w the King Kong ones, but the ventilation on these looks really nice.

what one did you go with size wise and what grill were you covering? Ill need one eventually for my silver B

I got the large. It's 58" so it was perfect for the Genesis long frame grills (2/2000 and above). I think the short frame grills can use the medium

Looks like a winner. I’m just rebuilding my Genesis platinum B now gonna need it covered when complete. any Pictures with it on the grill? I’ve always used the Weber ones because of the offset firebox.

Larry, how effective do you think the air vents will be?
Also, the light color of the cover is a very good thing. It will invite a lot less daytime heating and result in less condensation inside at night.

Once it's on the grill I would say the vents should work fairly well. But really my main purpose is keeping ice/snow off. Come spring/summer season it will not be covered anyway. Since I don't think it's wise to cover it for the sole purpose of keeping rain off it. IMO better to just let it get wet but out in the open so it will dry easily

For the money and based on the reviews I think you made a wise choice. Up in the mountains where we live the sun is the enemy, haven't seen rain or snow in over a year now. I've been buying King Kong covers and I have two that are going on 4 years old and holding up well.
I think I'll order one like yours for my soon to be restored Genesis 2 for under $20 if it lasts two years it's a great deal.

Can you show a photo of how the vents look when it is on? The size of the gap at the bottom is perfect

I have the vent on one side circled, there is another on the opposite side and in the back. The flap(s) as you can see cover them very well. I don't believe these will vent all that well. But, again remember I did not buy it for that
20210113_084026_LI.jpg

what one did you go with size wise and what grill were you covering? Ill need one eventually for my silver B

For a Silver B, Weber recommends #7130, which is 58 W, 44.5 H. The medium Zober is 58/48. So just a bit taller.

My Silver B gets a lot of sun from western exposure, so anything black fades fast. So I might give the gray a try.

Thanks for the tip Larry.

Back