New 22" premium kettle, I'm officially addicted to BBQ

Adam D E

So after joining this forum I've become and addict. I really enjoyed grilling and smoking previous, but I have SO many more ideas thanks to you good folks. Well my one limitation was my charcoal grill. My little Char Q isn't nearly big enough to accomplish certain types of cooks (one of which I'm hoping to do in the near future is pizza), so I bought myself a good ol 22" kettle in copper. I love that they're coming with a temp gauge in them nowadays, such a handy item. Today I'm home most of the day so I'll do the first burn on it to season it a little and I'll be good to go! The wife is starting to question why I need 3 grills and a smoker and so far I have it covered, but I think this will have to be the last one for awhile...

Wives always question why we need so many, but fortunately there came a day when I had to run all three kettles (2X22" & 1X26") and could have used more. Since then, I still get the look, but no comments :)

Congrats on your Copper, fine Kettle!

Easy way out of the wifey quiz show is to get her involved. Barb is a better griller than I am and is gaining on the smoking end rapidly. She really enjoys doing anything with a grill, she also participates on the forum quite a bit.
Did I mention we have 10 grills and smokers, problem solved.;)

Rich good for you, Barb seems like a lot of fun.

For me a little peace and quite while drinking a few beers in the back yard is what I love most about BBQ or smoking.

I love to cook great food for the wife and kids but certainly can appreciate a little space while I do my thing.

Rich, my wife and I are basically glued at the hip. When it comes to hobbies and activities we usually do everything together and I quite enjoy it that way. After all, the reason I married her is because there was no one else I'd rather spend all my time with. BUT, I think Bruno nailed it. The grilling and smoking time is usually relaxation time for me while I'm outside doing other things as well. We both LOVE food, and that includes experimenting with it. I don't think she has any interest in the grill, she enjoys the kitchen end of the meals though. She's big on sides and sauces. I don't have a full day to smoke this coming weekend, so I'm thinking of doing a few side dish type things. Smoked cabbage, ABT's of some sort, and maybe bacon-wrapped beef lollipops...

Grilling is such a delightful way to spend time!
I am standing with three grills right now but, considering a gasser for quick burger type things, I have been a Weber addict from about age twelve, my wife is a saint and appreciates all the feasts so, she would not have much trouble if I found "The Deal" on another.
I actually am watching for a 22 for her son.
In the middle of re roofing the house so, grill purchases for my selfish self must wait!
She will get into the swing of it, don't worry,
Try some bacon wrapped tater tots, that will snap her cap! (One bag of tots, three packages of bacon, a jar of sliced jalapeños) thaw the tots some and wrap snugly with half a slice of bacon, I didn't need toothpicks on the last batch. Cold, cold beer!

Last edited:
Well Adam, this is all good to here. I am sure you will enjoy your new purchase thoroughly. Regarding your wife, if you treat her right, make good food, and clean up after yourself, it is likely you will be allowed to purchase even more grilling equipment. ��

Bacon wrapped tater tots are right up her alley! We love bacon and I'm pretty sure she would eat some sort of potato product at every meal if she could! Ha! And don't get me going on the shoes, I'm pretty sure there's 4 pairs of running shoes alone... She's pretty good about it, neither one of us gives the other a hard time because we're two peas in a pod, just accumulate different things. Usually only eyerolls involved.

Back