Never tried this.

I would make that in a heartbeat. And although I'm a good cook, it would never be as good as their preparation. My father in law, a full blooded Sicilian, speaks fondly of this dish. Thanks for the share.

Larry thanks for that video my wife is a pretty good cook going to show her the video and see if she can make it I love artichokes.

Well Rich she is a member perhaps she will see this thread not much you can do about it. :)
You are right Brian but unfortunately when she started her part time job at Safeway almost three years ago for something to do and get out of the house, which was to be a six month process and then back to retirement. Barb is a social person and a hard worker it started out at about 15-20 hours a week, now she is working sometimes 40+ hours a week.
She loves working and now is training new hires and also working in floral section which she loves.
Yeah, I'm not happy about it, but if it makes here happy then I'll live with it.
So the odds of her seeing that post now are pretty slim. Even if she did see it and wanted to make it that would be fine.
Well I've got laundry to do and house cleaning to do and dinner to make, kind of what makes up my days now.

You are right Brian but unfortunately when she started her part time job at Safeway almost three years ago for something to do and get out of the house, which was to be a six month process and then back to retirement. Barb is a social person and a hard worker it started out at about 15-20 hours a week, now she is working sometimes 40+ hours a week.
She loves working and now is training new hires and also working in floral section which she loves.
Yeah, I'm not happy about it, but if it makes here happy then I'll live with it.
So the odds of her seeing that post now are pretty slim. Even if she did see it and wanted to make it that would be fine.
Well I've got laundry to do and house cleaning to do and dinner to make, kind of what makes up my days now.
My wife has been a contractor at a tech company for many years she had got caught in a resource action but 6 mos later they hired her back as a contractor. Thinking then is they wanted contractors as they can get rid of them at any time with no money owed for vacation or whatever. A new CFO took over for her division the first of the year and that person has the exact opposite philosophy he wanted employees not subcontractors. A few weeks ago they put her job up for her position and asked her to apply if she was interested.

She got rehired, today is her first day as a full time employee she also loves working I have been retired since 2019 and quite bored actually may find something part time myself. She is 61 and planned to hang it up at 65 the first thing she says to me when rehired is I am working till 67 gets her max soc security fine with me. She works out of the house so nothing has changed in that respect but now gets more vacation and medical benefits being covered by the company now which is a big deal she was paying 10K a year under my retirement insurance.

Looks like we will be eating out a lot more which is fine with me got to put that extra medical insurance money to work.

My wife has been a contractor at a tech company for many years she had got caught in a resource action but 6 mos later they hired her back as a contractor. Thinking then is they wanted contractors as they can get rid of them at any time with no money owed for vacation or whatever. A new CFO took over for her division the first of the year and that person has the exact opposite philosophy he wanted employees not subcontractors. A few weeks ago they put her job up for her position and asked her to apply if she was interested.

She got rehired, today is her first day as a full time employee she also loves working I have been retired since 2019 and quite bored actually may find something part time myself. She is 61 and planned to hang it up at 65 the first thing she says to me when rehired is I am working till 67 gets her max soc security fine with me. She works out of the house so nothing has changed in that respect but now gets more vacation and medical benefits being covered by the company now which is a big deal she was paying 10K a year under my retirement insurance.

Looks like we will be eating out a lot more which is fine with me got to put that extra medical insurance money to work.
I was able to retire at 56 I had a good size nest age. Sold our home in California in 2001 and moved to AZ and built a 2600 Sq foot house with a three car garage for less than 1/3 of the money we got out of the house in California. In 2016 we down sized to the house we are in today. Much easier to take care of.
Barb is 76 and doesn't need to work at all but she loves social contact and her regulars just love her and so does her supervisors. So if she is happy who am I to say otherwise.
Me I'm like cheap watch falling apart terrible feet and legs, can't be on my feet much. We did all our traveling in the early years of our marriage as Barb was a corporate travel agent and got lots of free airline tickets and hotel accommodations to all over the world so been there done that.
So I'm a home body now.

Sorry for the tangent, but I really miss Barb's posts. She is very much the better half there, Rich. 😀😜

Back