Nervously doing my first packer brisket

Soooo close! I'm using giant skewer type toothpicks. It's just about there... and I've got the burnt ends going right now. :)

And they say the games are dead...
We played unlimited re-buys for the first three rounds. I was the only one to re-buy when I busted out with a straight... he scored a flush on the river. :( Took a couple of hits... my pocket kings lost to pocket aces... my AK suited lost to his JQ unsuited... managed to battle my way back into a third place finish.

As for the brisket... the burnt ends were perhaps a little too burnt... still tasty, but not very moist. The flat however turned out pretty good for my first try. People ate it up... had good flavor... maybe a tad overdone...had to slice kind of thick to keep it from falling apart. But guys were going back for seconds...

Thanks for your help everyone!

Ahh... almost forgot to add a picture.

E5D8343B-01E5-45C5-9A2E-6159793C8298_zpszabajler.jpg

Looks good from here.
For me the burnt ends are truly the ends of the brisket that get extra crispy and there's not much of it.
I eat that part as cooks' treat (however my wife has learned to hang around she nabs some of it too).
The point gets sliced and served the same as the flat and I actually prefer it over the flat.

Mighty nice cook i love brisket done at home much more than at the restaurant. It tastes better after all the work.
That will make a few great dinners.
Congrats to the cook.

Gorgeous brisket. I also prefer to slice the point along with the flat over making burnt ends. The point is the best part!

Back