Need Help with beef ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Piesik

TVWBB Fan
I just bought 2 slabs of beef back ribs and was woundering.
1. Are they reletivly the same ccok times as pork ribs?
2. What kind of rub sauce etc.would be recomended.
Anybody have any experience with this meat. Ive done pork ribs (back and spares many times) But im clueless about these.
Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

Jim,

Have never done beef ribs before, however, if you use the search feature in the Beginners Forum there are many posts on beef ribs that will help you out. Let us know how they turn out.

Thanks Bruce
I used the search bar under cooking and couldnt find any thing before I posted. Didnt realize I had to use search in the forum to get forum threads. Any way you pointed me in the right direction. Found what I was looking for on the Smoke ring and this site.
Any way I will post the results tommorrow evening.
Jim

Yeah, the search is a little confusing. The forum search is separate from the search on the rest of the site. Glad you found what you were looking for.

Regards,
Chris

Did the beef back ribs today. I seasoned them over night with Montreal steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce (from the rib roast recipe).
I cooked them at an average temb of 235 with temp veriations of 6-10* either direction. Used apple wood and one one hunk of hickery. Took about 6 hours. Came out pretty tasty, the meat itself came out tender but the under skin on the back was a little chewy (I did remove the thick skin durring the prep). It was tough removing the outer skin doesnt pull away as easily as pork ribs. Cooking these was worth doing for change of pace and they had good flaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back