Need help identifying my Genesis

DBlack

Hi everyone, I’m new to the group and looking forward to all the help and info.
So here’s what I need help with, I picked up an old Genesis sitting at the curb, and the serial number & model number are no more. So I will describe what I have because I don’t know how to upload pictures to this site.
3 burner
Blue hood with an AFF embedded on it
Composite Tables & racks
2 drop down tables
Side burner
2 Castor wheels
I’m going to restore her to her glory and just want to get the right parts. If you guys and gals can lead me in the right direction that would be great. And if someone can please help with the uploading of pictures that would be great also. Can we use amazon?

https://i.imgur.com/kQpEpxf.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I’m new to the group and looking forward to all the help and info.
So here’s what I need help with, I picked up an old Genesis sitting at the curb, and the serial number & model number are no more. So I will describe what I have because I don’t know how to upload pictures to this site.
3 burner
Blue hood with an AFF embedded on it
Composite Tables & racks
2 drop down tables
Side burner
2 Castor wheels
I’m going to restore her to her glory and just want to get the right parts. If you guys and gals can lead me in the right direction that would be great. And if someone can please help with the uploading of pictures that would be great also. Can we use amazon?

Welcome to TVWBB :cool:! You happened on to a very rare grill for free. There is not much info on this site or the Internet in general on this grill. Click the link below to learn:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?66344-Genesis-5000-AFF-edition

I disagree with it being a 5000 (if it looks like the link above). It is a American Frozen Foods special edition Weber 3000 with that extra flip up table on the right side. No matter what it is fantastic and an absolute score. If it was a 5000 it would have glass doors and look like this:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?71652-Genesis-5000

Now if you have a true 5000 with glass doors and it is blue with the AFF hood you have an albino unicorn.

Now we need pictures of your groovy new grill so go create an IMGUR account. Upload pictures your pictures to IMGUR and then create links for the forum. TVWBB doesn't host images so we must use a third party hoster like IMGUR. I like to use the "large thumbnail option" along with "Linked BBCode (message boards)" option. Once the link is created hit copy and then paste it into the forum post to get a picture like this (non albino unicorn plane Jane boring grill picture below):

No, I agree, it is not a 5000. But a 3000 or maybe 4000. Mid to late 90's model. And in generally quite good condition from what I see.

I need a manifold can someone tell me what site to check out, I haven’t seen one in the sticky link.

I am sure I have a Genesis 1000-5000 manifold with the extra port for an extra burner. PM me know if you are interested.

Back