My two freebies.

Good deals!!!! Looks like a redhead 1000 and a black 2000 or 3000 to me. Both have potential but will take some work. I actually like the black one better if you can restore it with correct knobs, etc. get a side tray and redo or more likely replace the wood slats. Can't beat the price!

Im pretty sure the red one is the spirit 700. Might use that hood on another grill as there isn’t much good stuff or desire for the 700’s.

Yah, I dont think the redhead is a 1000. No caster wheels and the split bottom bar. I think the black grill would be a 3000 but not sure. I think the 2000 is the one with a shelf in the place of the extra burner. I think you could move the red lid and drop down swing table over to the 3000 grill. (but not sure on that). It looks like you have a good collection to make one nice grill.

Yah, I dont think the redhead is a 1000. No caster wheels and the split bottom bar. I think the black grill would be a 3000 but not sure. I think the 2000 is the one with a shelf in the place of the extra burner. I think you could move the red lid and drop down swing table over to the 3000 grill. (but not sure on that). It looks like you have a good collection to make one nice grill.

After a little more reading it’s actually a spirit 900. Need to do some research on those now haha

After a little more reading it’s actually a spirit 900. Need to do some research on those now haha

Interesting. I never heard of a Spirit 900 and I didn’t think they used the Spirit name back in the wood slat days. And I thought they didn’t even have a three burner Spirit until 2007. I could more readily believe the red grill is a Genesis I. I will be interested in seeing what more info you come up with.

Very little popping around here on CL and FB. I guess everyone has their garages cleaned out and are ready for the snow.
It is going to be a long haul until April up here.

I will be happy to at least live vicariously through the list and it's members until I can break out the 7/16" wrench and spray paint and get back to my own grills. I ain't gonna give up on using my personal grills however.

In searching for some info, I came across a thread from our site back from a couple years ago where Jeff in MA gives a clear explanation that there were three burner Spirit grills in the late 90’s. They were the 700 and 900 series. These grills had wood slats and were the first ones to have the shallower 5 bar firebox that was later also used in the Genesis Silver/Gold. So my understanding of the origin of the Spirit was pretty off:eek:!

I agree your identification is correct. A nice find for sure!

Whoahhh. Seeing that makes me feel bad about wanting to scrap mine for parts!!

Like others have said I would not scrap it either. If it bugs you that it does not have casters and it would bug me Jeff cut that side of the frame down and inserted casters he has a thread on his. Just buy the casters with the inserts from Weber.

There aren't even grills like those to buy around here. It's all silver b's and c's and no thousands. Even if you'd rather scrap one, just put it up for twenty bucks or something and let somebody restore it. The thousands are getting rarer and rarer.

There aren't even grills like those to buy around here. It's all silver b's and c's and no thousands. Even if you'd rather scrap one, just put it up for twenty bucks or something and let somebody restore it. The thousands are getting rarer and rarer.

Same here only saw two or three 1000s all summer and ridiculous prices all over $100 unrestored.

Personally, from a rehab point of view, I prefer the Silver B's over the 1000's. They are simpler and usually less expensive to fix up. But, I do own a 1000 as my personal grill. Plenty of both Silvers and 1000's pop up around here. I don't see one being much more over represented than the other.

I guess it is a regional issue as to why some areas don't see as many of one type or the other.

BTW: Rich, your manifold should arrive today.

Personally, from a rehab point of view, I prefer the Silver B's over the 1000's. They are simpler and usually less expensive to fix up. But, I do own a 1000 as my personal grill. Plenty of both Silvers and 1000's pop up around here. I don't see one being much more over represented than the other.

I guess it is a regional issue as to why some areas don't see as many of one type or the other.

BTW: Rich, your manifold should arrive today.

Bruce just curious as to why the silver B's are easier to rehab? Less flavorizors and not having to rehab the wood side tables?

I agree with Bruce the silvers are less labor intensive than the 1000s. Shallower box and the thermoset shelfs and flip ups are a lot easier to clean than the durawood slats especially if the 1000 has a dura wood bottom shelf.

Back