my STEAL of the year!

Michael Roberts

TVWBB Fan
I haven't gotten any good deals this year.....until yesterday. I got an alert for a craigslist posting that caught my attention. The headline was "weber bbq grill" so I clicked through and low and behold it was a newer Genesis II with a few propane tanks...priced at $50.00. I immediately responded and picked it up a few hours later. Included with the grill was FIVE full propane tanks and the grill. While I typically only have an interest in charcoal grills I couldn't turn this down. It's super clean and needs nothing except some big steaks thrown on it. IMG_9125.JPG

That's great. Usually with you on charcoal, but that was worth it for the tanks alone.
precisely what I thought as well. I can use the tanks for the Q300's we use for tailgating or for the Flame I tend to keep out year round. It was a win-win for sure!

Nice find Michael. I didn't do any searches yesterday or I might have beaten you to it. :D I'm looking for a gasser for my MIL, this would have been perfect. If you want to take $100 for it and keep the tanks let me know, I can come by on Sunday.

Nice find Michael. I didn't do any searches yesterday or I might have beaten you to it. :D I'm looking for a gasser for my MIL, this would have been perfect. If you want to take $100 for it and keep the tanks let me know, I can come by on Sunday.
honestly I was a little worried you were gonna beat me to it - you snagged that 26" before I even had a chance so...:D...I'm gonna keep this one at least for a few cooks.

honestly I was a little worried you were gonna beat me to it - you snagged that 26" before I even had a chance so...:D...I'm gonna keep this one at least for a few cooks.
Yeah, I sometimes forget that you are out there lurking just like me. :oops: Enjoy that STEAL!

With a price like that you might get a call from the husband wanting it back since I'm assuming the wife sold that from under him.

Couldn't have happened to a better guy, congratulations Michael! You are going to really like it. I use my gasser for doing sides and as an outdoor oven. Meat is reserved for the kettle or wsm. 😀

Last edited:
Enjoy that STEAL!

The "savings", as we all know, are temporary and completely illusory.

The $50 bucks merely provides another platform on which to spend additional money -- smoker tubes/boxes, rotisseries, pizza oven inserts, GrillGrates and or steel rod grates, etc. etc. etc.

And you gotta buy some other things to hook those five tanks up to. Turkey fryer maybe?

Enjoy that STEAL!

The "savings", as we all know, are temporary and completely illusory.

The $50 bucks merely provides another platform on which to spend additional money -- smoker tubes/boxes, rotisseries, pizza oven inserts, GrillGrates and or steel rod grates, etc. etc. etc.

And you gotta buy some other things to hook those five tanks up to. Turkey fryer maybe?
what are some accessories that are "must haves" for gas grills?

Ribeyes are a must have for a gas grill.

Seriously, get yourself a good rotisserie if you have the older style E/W burner grill.

No real absolute necessities. Take some time cooking with it and you may want to keep it.
Especially if you live somewhere with "real" winters.

Back