My Performer is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat McCreight

TVWBB Pro
My new brick red performer was dropped off yesterday, straight from the Weber store in Palatine. I'm waiting for someone to pick up my gasser to clear some space, hopefully today or tomorrow, and then I'll put it together and take some pics.

Cant wait to see her. You should take some pics of steaks cooking! I'm still kind of on the fence whether I like the 2005 model or the 2010 model better. Time will tell.

Yeah, I'm waiting on a part from Amazon to connect my 20# propane tank. Once that comes I'll fire it up, but it will probably be salmon that gets cooked.

What are the main differences in the 05 and 10? I know the wheels are different, as is the color of the table. Not sure what else is different, but I actually haven't looked at either one up close yet.

Congrats on your new addition Pat!
I saw one last week at Lowes. One thing I noticed and did like was they changed the color of the lid handle to a charcoal gray, and also shaped it to more like a old wood handle, which I thought was
icon_cool.gif

Tim

The thermometer, lid, handle, table, storage grate, front piece with hooks and propane hookup, as well as the frame are all changed. I think the better question would be what didn't change.
icon_smile.gif

All I can give you right now is a picture of the box in my garage. Until I get rid of this gasser I've been trying to sell on craigslist, I don't have room for it....If the gasser doesn't sell by this weekend, it will be replaced with the Performer, and the gasser will sit in the garage. It's also been pretty frickin cold lately and I don't feel like assembling it in subzero wind chills.

Pat...get that gasser in the garage where it belongs. Tell your wife its time to assemble the Performer, in the family room, or on her dining room table. You have to be in a warm comfortable environment of course! Let her take her pick on where it will be assembled!

Alright - within a span of 10 minutes I received the propane adapter from Amazon and made an arrangement to sell the grill with a Saturday pickup. Time to put it together. I'll post pics later, hopefully today.

Ok, back with pics of the assembled grill. Kind of gloomy out today, so the pics aren't that great.
IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

Once I get rid of the gasser, I'll move the Performer to that spot on the right.
IMG_1844.jpg

Thats quite the collection of Webers you have.

I like the style of the 2010 Webers better than the 2005's a bit more, but I don't think that new red can grow on me after knowing the old red exists. Hmm, I should get a old red performer and swap the lid and bowl into a 2010...
icon_smile.gif

Very nice Pat!

I really like the dark table, and handles, and of course the red color!

Now get out there and get her dirty with some Good Eats!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin Banana:
Thats quite the collection of Webers you have.

I like the style of the 2010 Webers better than the 2005's a bit more, but I don't think that new red can grow on me after knowing the old red exists. Hmm, I should get a old red performer and swap the lid and bowl into a 2010...
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I plan on moving a few of those out. The gasser is sold, the 22" OTG is for sale, and I'd like to get rid of the SJG in my garage....move the 18" OTS (short one) to the garage, and then I'd only have the OTP, Performer, and WSM on the deck. With the big smoker and tailgater in the garage.

My OTS is the old red, and I know what you mean. I really like how the old red looks on the stainless performers, but don't think it would be that great on this one. The color is nice, the pictures don't do it justice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Erickson:
How far down does the temp gauge stick in the dome? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not very far, maybe 2.5". I'll measure it when I get cooking on it, which is unknown at this time due to all of the holiday stuff going on this weekend.

Wow, that is a beauty! I will be ordering the dark table and handle for my 07 blue performer, once they are available and I can confirm they fit. Maybe the front plate too, really like the new tool holders and Performer badge. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back