My Performer is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wifey couldn't contain herself and has already given me my Christmas present. It is a new black performer. I wish I knew and had picked the color but I am very excited. I will probably cook a rib roast on it for Christmas. How do I know what year model it is? Is has the thermometer through the handle but not through the kettle like this one does, or was that added later?

Mike

Thanks.

I am now up to 5. I guess I should say I used to be a frequent visitor to the site and have been coming back more and more. Now I need to learn how to use this new performer. Seems the site hasn't changed still very friendly.

WSM, Performer, Smokey Joe, 22" Silver and a gasser

This is really being nitpicky, but it looks like the safety flap that folds down over the igniter is really wide. Looks like it would take two hands to depress the tabs to lift it up. With the old model it looks narrower allowing you to grip the sides with one hand.

Of course I could be out of my mind too.

Hi Folks,

I kinda like that 'Red' color,it's not one to come out and smack you in the face 'Red'
My Performer is a Sage Green which is a light green but not lime green that I beleive was made around 2007 and I bought it new in Australia in Feb 08 and the only differences I can see is the Handle, temp guage location (i think new way is better) and utensil holders are different.It could be a visual thing but table looks a little smaller and the major difference I can see is that YOURS is still clean..so go and get it dirty
icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers

Davo

Just picked up the black 2010 model from Lowes for $173.20 + Tax. I am ready to cook on it tomorrow night. Now I have to get rid of a couple grills to make room for the new performer. Just got the Weber fever. Bought the 18.5 WSM and fell in love with it. Hope it ends here. I have 4 grills now for a family of 2. I got to get rid of my Chargriller Duo with smoker box.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cliff Rouse:
Just picked up the black 2010 model from Lowes for $173.20 + Tax. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, that's quite a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back