My new project Q1200

BobH-SCW

TVWBB Super Fan
Went shopping for Christmas trees this am, and of course out here its Estate Sale time of year, so had to visit of few of those. Found this Weber Q1200. Complete with stand, tools, adapter hose , Weber light, cover. Advertised for $30 , but today 50% off so I couldn't resist for $15!
Needs a thorough cleanup of course, but grates look in good condition, plus having the stand is a bonus.Good winter project, something to bring along when traveling !

Attachments

• IMG_4326.jpg
    IMG_4326.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4325.jpg
    IMG_4325.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4324.jpg
    IMG_4324.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 24
Went shopping for Christmas trees this am, and of course out here its Estate Sale time of year, so had to visit of few of those. Found this Weber Q1200. Complete with stand, tools, adapter hose , Weber light, cover. Advertised for $30 , but today 50% off so I couldn't resist for $15!
Needs a thorough cleanup of course, but grates look in good condition, plus having the stand is a bonus.Good winter project, something to bring along when traveling !
Nice find. The stand used sells by itself for around $40 to $50

Thanks guys! I know Larry and Jon have always been bullish on them. Bruce, checked the grates and they are fine! Just needed proper cleanup, no doubt saved by the dry climate out here. Will be scraping out crud from box, brushing burners etc. The stand folds down nice and just needs some tlc. Pics to follow.

Cleaned all the crud out of the box and bottom try-never understood why people don't use the disposable aluminum pans! Should I use some simple green on the inside and lid and hit it with high pressure hose, or just scrape clean? Don't want to get the burners wet-also know I'll have to replace the piezo starter.

Cleaned all the crud out of the box and bottom try-never understood why people don't use the disposable aluminum pans! Should I use some simple green on the inside and lid and hit it with high pressure hose, or just scrape clean? Don't want to get the burners wet-also know I'll have to replace the piezo starter.
I use aluminum foil and toss it when I'm done.

The ones I have cleaned up, (at least on the lid and main body, I hit with the Member's Mark oven/grill cleaner in the pump spray bottle. Good stuff that. Then pressure washer

Remove burners, if possible. Then some grill cleaner an pressure washer as Larry said. Burners probably have some crud in them. Spraying it out would be good. One bolt is all it takes.

Covered burners and used some oven cleaner and pressure sprayed came out pretty good. Will hit hood again tomorrow. Looked at burners Bruce and-I don't know about 1 bolt-but I covered and cleaned. That and stand look pretty good. will re-address tomorrow. Then tackle ignitor issue as well.

Covered burners and used some oven cleaner and pressure sprayed came out pretty good. Will hit hood again tomorrow. Looked at burners Bruce and-I don't know about 1 bolt-but I covered and cleaned. That and stand look pretty good. will re-address tomorrow. Then tackle ignitor issue as well.
Only one bolt. EZPZ

Some post clean pics this afternoon. I come up with model as a 2006. Some minor rust on grates-no problem?

Attachments

• IMG_4335.jpg
    IMG_4335.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4334.jpg
    IMG_4334.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4333.jpg
    IMG_4333.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4332.jpg
    IMG_4332.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4331.jpg
    IMG_4331.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 16
This bolt right here. remove it and then rotate the burner clockwise about 1/4 turn and it should come detached from the valve on the other side and come right out.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks for the visual, helps me! Give it a try when I get back later. I want to tackle cleaning the inner lid better, then I can spray the inside of burners out too. Also want to try and clean up the grate a bit better in the nooks and crannies, brush away rust spots, then lube em up. Wife got some Blackstone cast iron conditioner at Ace? Designed for griddles, blend of palm oil shortening, beeswax, palm canola and soy oil.
The cart cleaned up well too-haven't decided about cracked wheel white caps yet.

I was thinking about that earlier, knowing that I have the A with RCP grates and bars. Q will likely become a regular for quick burgers and small fare for 2 of us.

Exactly Bob. I have a Genesis three burner and use my Q200, 80% of the time when I grill. I just don't need all that cooking space all that often and the Q is more accessible and just easier.

Here's the grates after clean and dry showing small surface rust.

Attachments

• IMG_4341.jpg
    IMG_4341.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4339.jpg
    IMG_4339.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4338.jpg
    IMG_4338.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 11

Back