My new 2014 WSM 22.5"

Caesar Hatami

TVWBB Member
My wonderful wife and 22 month old son gave me the green light to order a WSM for myself for Father's Day, and it just arrived! Aside from the new for 2014 grommet, I noticed the lower cooking grate now has handles, although the top of the handles are curved for some reason. Any ideas why this might be curved? Also, I noticed that the door slides up and down about 1/4 inch. When it is shifted down, it closes the gap between the door and the middle cooking chamber. Also, the grommet is smaller than I thought it was. Can't wait to break it in with some ribs and my first brisket Saturday!

Nice Smoker, dad!
I'm thinking that if you "bend out" the door bottom, it might fix that gap. That's only a guess though...

Congrats on the new 22 !

I think that the grommet is big !........takes an 1-1/4" hole.
My retrofit uses a 7/16" diameter hole.

Maybe the grate handles are different for easy ID when the two are out and getting loaded.

I believe that they went to a trick cut at the bottom of the doors to allow the door to tip out and yet stay attached to the barrel.

Nice job Caesar...now you've got to trick that baby out. I always chuckle to myself when people ask me what I paid for my WSM...they have no idea that they just can't run down to the store and buy one like mine.

Congratulations Dad! The picture of your boy and the smoker is precious! Are you teaching him how to check if the smoker is hot? Don't worry I won't tell Mom!

I think the handles are bent in to help in getting a grip "away" from the WSM sides. No need to do that for the top grill. Congrats! I'm looking at one of those in the VERY near future.

Caesar;
That picture of your son with the WSM warms to cockles of my heart!

I can't wait to see your "smokes" in the very near future!

Congratulations! A WSM is one of the finest pieces of equipment we mere mortals get to handle.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back