My Mom passed away.

I thank you all for your kind words, they mean a lot.
A fond memory of my Mom was when we asked her what do you want for lunch?
She quickly responded a "hot dog and fries, but don't tell my Doctor"
She was on a restricted diet for 5 years and she loved that hot dog.:)

Tim

That's a tough one bro. I know the feeling my mom passed 5 1/2 years ago now.
Hang in there, it does get better.

Yeah it was about 6 for me. Her passing was not the system shock though as we had lost her long before thanks to Lewy Body Dementia. It was awful seeing her slipping away from us. The hallucinations, the staring at you like you had 2 heads, not knowing you. So we had been losing her for a ling time leading up to it.

Sorry Tim, losing parents is really sad. It's then you realize how much you loved them

I understand the feeling, it’s been 28 years since my brother passed, almost 15 since my Father and, 7 since my mother passed.
My wife had lost her parents before we got together, she offered me this when Richard died,
“It doesn’t get better just, different.” That has kept me from being totally devastated by that loss.
They are with me every day, especially when I cook!
My prayers are with you.

Thank you all!
It is "different" Timothy. Today we stopped by her place to grab some odds and ends and my Wife Kelly said " it feels strange to be here without her"
Tim

Thank you all!
It is "different" Timothy. Today we stopped by her place to grab some odds and ends and my Wife Kelly said " it feels strange to be here without her"
Tim

Yah. FTM, I can't drive back into the farm yard without thinking "there should be a house there." My folks discovered some 20 years ago that the old farmhouse was structurally unsound and had a new [more or less] ranch style built across the driveway.

After Mom passed, we were all in the new farmhouse, going through effects, paperwork, etc. I'd gone downstairs to the pantry for something, and one of my nieces followed me. I spotted Mom's old cast iron skillet on the shelf. "Oooh.... TREASURE!" She immediately remarked "I WANT!" "Sorry, honey, but this isn't getting past me. I'll take it up stairs, my sibs & I will discuss it, but it's going to one of us. If I get it, I will put your name on for when I'm done with it." It's the skillet that I almost always reach for first (it's a Griswold #8, from the late 40s or early 50s.)

Back