I got a 22" Original on clearance, and made a few improvements. Intent is to use this for pizza and as a spare grill occasionally. My pizza technique is to use a thick steel plate as a cooking surface (see photo), preheated on my chimney. I get the steel up to about 500F, and run the grill wide open.
- 8" lawnmower wheels, spray painted hubs black
- 3'4" EMT insert for front leg to level grill, with 7/8" rubber pad
- Second lid vent installed, to keep airflow for high temperatures
- Behren's #10 bucket for ash catcher
- Add lid thermometer
- Add strong magnets to triangle to hold bucket from sliding when grill rolls
- Add lid bale