My Holy Grail

The serial number is unreadable a lot of times on those older grills. If it has caster wheels on the left, it is a genesis 1000. No wheels on left make it a Genesis 1. Does it have wood slats for the tables? if so it is 1993 to about 1996. If it is Durawood, it is about 1996 to 2000 give or take a year or two.

Post up some pictures Timothy.
Wonderful way to celebrate my 26th wedding anniversary, she took a nap, I got covered in wirebrush gunk for an hour and a half!
Bruce, I sent you a PM.
1997 is cast into the bottom of the firebox, Good guess! Genesis 1000 dura wood, casters. I’ve broken it down with almost no harsh words and wire brushed the interior fairly aggressively and begun the cleaning, I need to get into some “nooks and crannies” before I bathe it in degreaser and then start the repainting. If the paint goes smoothly, I might have this ready for my birthday on the 26th!
Also picked up the “F” series kettle in basic black which needs new sweepers and that will become my Pizzaque unit! The working grill squad is now pretty much complete for my purposes!
Thanks in advance for the help I know you all will offer!

Back