My Holy Grail

Xavier, let me know how they work when you get them. I could use a ten pack, or two.
Thanks,
Bruce

Just try Farm & Fleet or Fleet Farm they have pins like this. Whatever you do don't hammer on them. A little heat and copious penetrating oil is the tcket. WD40 is useless. PBlaster is your friend

Yah, I just noticed a crack on the cook box next to the flange. I am sure that was my fault. All I had was WD40 on hand and I figured if it wouldn't move when I turned it so the lid started rising, then it wasn't going to come out. It's OK, I have other Silver B grills to scavenge. I will try menards, ace, HD and Blains for the pins.

I finally got one of the blue lids transfered over to my personal Redhead. I am kind of sad to swap out the redhead, but I really do like the blue hoods. And they seem a lot more unique in my area than most of the other colors.

i0pSUj7.jpg

I unloaded a red lid a while ago and I'm not sure whether I regret it or not. My grill has a maroon top, which I think goes nice against the brick wall it sits in front of, but I'm always thinking the red would look good against bricks too. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll come across another red lid and can have both!

That blue lid does look sweet though!

I finally got one of the blue lids transfered over to my personal Redhead. I am kind of sad to swap out the redhead, but I really do like the blue hoods. And they seem a lot more unique in my area than most of the other colors.

i0pSUj7.jpg

Bruce,
What you need to do is have a red one, a blue one, a green, maroon and even a black hood all on the shelf ready to swap out to match your shoes for the day. Just like wives and their purses:rolleyes:!

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Blue grill looks great!

Jon, I have not yet reached that level of addiction to grills.

I have, I swap lids like nobody's business:

41743583844_bffe53e2b6_b.jpg

41696777944_174541b8c2_b.jpg

I will say that I'm not a big fan of the maroon lids, although customers seem to like them (I've sold 2 grills with maroon lids this season).

I like that blue hood Bruce and I agree on the uniqueness of it also as they are not a common color here in my neck of the woods.

i0pSUj7.jpg

Bruce,

The blue looks great with the wood. I wish more folks near me had weber grills they wanted to get rid of!
Bobby

I have, I swap lids like nobody's business:

41743583844_bffe53e2b6_b.jpg

41696777944_174541b8c2_b.jpg

I will say that I'm not a big fan of the maroon lids, although customers seem to like them (I've sold 2 grills with maroon lids this season).

JKim,

That's classic! Maybe you can change all three every few months with the changes of the seasons. Green for Spring, Red for Summer, Copper for Fall and Blue for Winter:cool:!

I thought it was funny what you said about the maroon hoods. Once again it is fun how everyone sees things with different eyes in God's very big world. After black - especially the Skylines - my second favorite is that maroon or crimson color. I like redheads, too! Just think that black grills look like they mean business and the maroon looks unusual but still classy. Now if we are talking kettle grills, those colors are still nice but I start thinking about the wild 60's and 70's yellow, avocado, robins egg blue and other outrageous choices!

I have never seen a blue one showing up in our area. Black, red, green, maroon, ... but no blue. But I picked this grill last night and want to convert the durawood with real wood similar to Bruce's grill. And then I will be adding the maroon hood I picked a few weeks ago.
33994766_10211905537817434_8880575574381166592_n.jpg

Stephan. It looks like you have a great base for your restore. And that has the slide for the swing table...yaaaahhhhh.
If you go with wood, you might want to keep the durawood slats for another project down the road. It looks to be in pretty good condition.

That's a good lookin grill. Me? I like the durawood a little better than the real wood ONLY for ease of maintenance and at my age ease of maintenance is king

Stephan. It looks like you have a great base for your restore. And that has the slide for the swing table...yaaaahhhhh.
If you go with wood, you might want to keep the durawood slats for another project down the road. It looks to be in pretty good condition.

Yes I will definitely keep the durawood slats. Another question: Can a left side flip up table be converted into a right side flip up table? I still have complete left side table from a frame which is too far rusted.
@LMichaels: Yes they are easier in maintenance. But I am wood fan and like the look of wood. This might become a grill I use once a while like an old classic car. For a daily grill I also prefer the more maintenance free versions.

Back