My first steak on a real grill

DanM64

I recently picked up my first grill of my own- a Genesis E-330. Ever grill I've ever used before has just been a junky WalMart special. The Genesis can really cook!! I'm still learning how to grill things the right way, and hope to learn a lot!
20130526_200736_zps806a6051.jpg

Here's the first steak on the Genesis- a ribeye. I tried (and failed) to get the beautiful sear marks that you all do, hopefully with some practice I'll get mine looking better. It tasted great at least- perfectly medium rare (139*)- just the way I like it!
20130526_201810_zpsfe7e7a88.jpg

Dan, grill marks look great and whether by gas or by charcoal I am sure it tastes great. I am sure that what Jim is saying is the next step in your grilling education is to get a Weber charcoal kettle. You will love it and it will open up a whole different world to you. Enjoy!!

Dan,first of all,congrats on the Genesis. I love mine.
Let the grill preheat for at least 15 minutes,and those CI grates will give you killer marks!

Thanks guys!!! Overall I was happy with the grill marks, I just wish they would've covered the entire steak. I'll be getting plenty of practice though! I LOVE this grill so far. I'm already thinking about purchasing a WSM. I'm sure a kettle or Performer will be in my future as well. The obsession begins!

Dan the steak looks good.
What i find essential is the prep of the steak before hand.
Make sure to rest it about 30-45 at room temperature before slapping it on the grill.
Just a quick side note.

Back