My first SCA Event

ZacMiller

TVWBB Member
Well my first SCA cookoff is in the books at BBQloo, it was a great event, super nice people and a well ran competition. Although we didn't win we took home 3rd place against some great cooks. There is quite a bit more that goes into a competition steak then most realize. I practiced my butt off for awhile, but hey who doesn't like ribeyes twice a week ;)

All set up

Cooks Meeting

Steak Selection

Firing up the lil weber that could

Turn in time

And there ya have it

That looks like a ton of fun! I've noticed a lot of guys use PK grills for that just because the charcoal is closer to the grate. Did you do anything to raise the charcoal level? Awesome steak!

Congratulations Zac and Team ! Excellent Job !

The grill mark hidden rub/spice is interesting !!

That looks like a ton of fun! I've noticed a lot of guys use PK grills for that just because the charcoal is closer to the grate. Did you do anything to raise the charcoal level? Awesome steak!
I'm going to order a PK in the near future, and no left the grate where it was. I picked up quite a few tricks I guess just walking around and observing ;) planning on another practice cook soon. I dont imagine ill get sick of ribeyes like i do you KCBS chicken lol

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations Zac and Team ! Excellent Job !

The grill mark hidden rub/spice is interesting !!

Thanks Bob, The SCA events are super fun ill be doing more for sure, I'm all in hook line and sinker

Congrats Zac! And it never hurts to have a pretty blonde in the pit either, nicely done

Way to go Zac, that sounds like it was a blast. I love the shot of the steak selection table.

Back