My first Brisket

Keith Kenney

TVWBB Fan
Well Im doing my first brisket today. I started it at 6:45pm with the trimming and the rubbing. I used the Modified Louis Charles Henley's All-Purpose Rub but added 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of mustard powder. let it sit in the fridge until 3:20 this morning and this this it going on the smoker with full load of Kingford and Mesquite wood for the smoke
IMG_1745.jpg

chuggin along this is after 6 hours
IMG_1747.jpg

After seven hours on the smoker it is running at 250* with n interal temp at 174*
I know one thing this smells wonderful. Will post more when It is done and plated

The end result. Very moist and great flavor. I will be making this again. So much meat left for the three of us looks like leftovers for awhile and I am not complaining.
icon_smile.gif

IMG_1750.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So much meat left for the three of us looks like leftovers for awhile and I am not complaining. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Best sandwiches ever! Great job on the briskie.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I could have never cooked a brisket like that if it wasn't for this site and for all of you. So I say Thank you very much and my wife thanks you too because I am cooking more now trying all these different recipes so she doesn't have to keep guessing whats for dinner.

Looks like you nailed it Keith. All looks perfect. You mentioned only 3 of you there. It's just the wife and me here and an inexpensive foodsaver has been a great investment for us.

Mike, I was just looking at foodsavers on Amazon trying to figure out which would be the best to get. I see us getting one in the near future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keith Kenney:
Mike, I was just looking at foodsavers on Amazon trying to figure out which would be the best to get. I see us getting one in the near future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will pay for itself quickly. The food tastes just like the day you vac pack it.

I just bought a 2222 for approx. $75 at walmart. Also, I've bought some Rival storage bags which "I've heard" are as good as the FS bags and cheaper. Have not used them yet.

Back